m4 gp exhaust | GTAMotorcycle.com

m4 gp exhaust

Nebzi

Hey guys, I am buying a new gixxer 750 and was wondering what your thoughts are on the m4 gp? Ive heard mixed reviews but a lot more positives. Also, is there anything I should know before slapping a new pipe on a brand new bike? Any tips on where to purchase in Ontario? Thanks!

I had one on my '09 GSXR 1000. Best looking exhaust for it imo and really cleans up the back of the bike. With the quiet insert it's pretty choked up. Without the quiet insert it's obnoxiously loud in town but sounds incredible when opened up. If you're doing a lot of in-city riding I would suggest you get a quieter unit.

I'm not a fan of them.

After you put the pipe on ride for a bit. You MAY get away without tuning it but any bike can benefit from a proper tuning.

I have a taylor made on my 08 750. Love it, all tucked away in the underbelly and nice and clean looking. I don't find it insanely loud but it does ramp up when I pick up the revs, I typically ride like an adult most of the time sort of ;)

I have an M4 GP on my gsxr 600 and it's fantastic, best looking and sounding unit out there. It's uncorked, but sounds amazing. Bike is for sale in the 2011+ forum for pic

Does it eliminate the cat or not? If not it won't be loud and you can get away with just slapping it on without needing a power commander.

I've had the M4 on all of my GSX-R's. It's a good quality pipe. EBay has them or Motomummy or Revzilla. They all know what each other is charging, so the price is pretty much the same across the board. If you're just a novice rider, the slip on is fine. If you want more growl, you can get the cat eliminator pipe, but you may find a drop in low end power. And it's ear-bleeding at this point and will draw you a lot of heat. I have the cat remover pipe, the M4 GP, and the Stage 2 silencer to to quieten it down to OPP standards.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252057156575

Stage 2 silencer:
https://www.motomummy.com/full-exhausts/m4-stage-2-motogp-quiet-silencer/

If you remove the cat, it's best to get a tune. Make sure you commit to silencer in or out first as it will affect the tune.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I picked up my M4 from dynamic Cycle in Woodbridge. Best price I could find locally. It was cheaper than ordering online from an American website and having to pay the tax and duty.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom