Insurance Woes.... Please Read | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Woes.... Please Read

I almost want to setup a revolt at Queens park about this ********. We are all getting bent over backwards it is disgusting, no wonder I know many people riding without insurance. I could never do such thing, as the cons FAR outweigh the positives but this is getting stupid.

Who is with me to revolt on this madness?!

I'm with you!!

Going to be buying a house this year. I don't want to buy a new bike if I don't have to.

Proceeds from the sale of the SS will likely easily buy a more modest bike with some coin left over.

I don't know, personally giving up riding completely vs just downgrading seems like the nuclear option, although if it's a "the toys need to go completely regardless of price" situation because of the house purchase I can understand that - I was there once.

In regards to sport bikes if you are over 30 with an M and are willing to bundle your car and/or home insurance you are going to want to try Allstate. Their rates are insanely low for sport models. I switched to them last year and I saved a ton. I dealt with the insurance sponsor on this site Matt. He has been good to me so I recommend giving him a call at 289-460-4276. Cheers and hope this helps some people on here.

I almost want to setup a revolt at Queens park about this ********. We are all getting bent over backwards it is disgusting, no wonder I know many people riding without insurance. I could never do such thing, as the cons FAR outweigh the positives but this is getting stupid.

Who is with me to revolt on this madness?!

You see, the thing is....the same thing happens with cars. If you go out and buy a Corvette or a Ferrari one would fully expect to be paying a significant amount for insurance than if they bought a run of the mill 4 door econobox, and anyone under 25/30 will be hosed even worse, so why is it a surprise that the same thing that happens for motorcycles when people compare high performance (the Corvette and Ferrari comparison) to the more modest MC options - the econobox comparison.

Yes, I know on a comparative basis our MC insurance is more expensive vs other provinces (and don't bother comparing against the US, their coverage amounts make it virtually useless) but there ARE cheap options out there, it's just that some people don't want to utilize them for various reasons.

I'm not sure it justifies a "revolt" because of such - there ARE cheap MC's to insure available - if some peoples insurance bills are so disgusting, it might be time to reconsider their choice of bike. Sell the Corvette and buy a Sunfire, more or less.

move (on paper) to Quebec, cheapest insurance in the country

Yeah, great and all under you actually need the insurance and find it's been voided for material misrepresentation.

I just looked at the table. Their rates have really gone up. I used to pay 580 for 800cc in quebec, now it almost 1300 eight years laters. By the same token, I'm 33 now and I pay less in Ontario than the almost 1300 I'd pay in Quebec. Mind you, between worse weather and the stupid snow tire requirements their red ng season is significantly shorter than ours.

So this probably means some of us likely pay our fair share, and others have to pay much more to compensate the real blended cost of at least 1300.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom