Insurance Woes.... Please Read | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Woes.... Please Read

Rnoodles

Ive had state farm insurance for 4 years now on various sport bikes.
Currently im 28, clean record. Nothing in the last 5 years.
Currently paying $1,400 a year full coverage on a 06 Daytona 675.

Premiums have gone up almost $1200 for my renewal coming in March. Not looking forward to the rate hike
I have called
TD/ meloche monnex
avaiva
intact
wawanesa

2 companies flat out turned the bike down. Any references out there ?
Thanks

Looks like you've tried all the big ones, except maybe Allstate? None of those could give you a reasonable rate?

Dejardains (sp?)

Have you tried a broker like Dalton Timmis instead of hunting individual insurers directly?

Ive had state farm insurance for 4 years now on various sport bikes.
Currently im 28, clean record. Nothing in the last 5 years.
Currently paying $1,400 a year full coverage on a 06 Daytona 675.

Premiums have gone up almost $1200 for my renewal coming in March. Not looking forward to the rate hike
I have called
TD/ meloche monnex
avaiva
intact
wawanesa

2 companies flat out turned the bike down. Any references out there ?
Thanks

You can blame guys like this for your rate hikes

attachment.php

Call Vinnie at Allstate. If you've had your M for 4 years you'll get a 30% reduction. Tel: 519-471-1900 ext. 5011

this is why iv promised myself if i ever get a sport bike(big IF) it'll be post 30, with a full M

If you're close to 30, full M, and need home and car insurance (doesn't even have to be yours, my gf and I are under a joint account), send me a message for a hook up. You need all 3 attributes though.

Ive heard All State offers the lowest rates for all bikes but you need to meet all 3 of the criteria. Currently missing my full M, which holds me back. I appreciate the responses. I will try Dalton Timmis.
Riders choice turned the bike down flat out as well. Riders choice mentioned sport bikes were not worth to insure anymore due to claims/thefts etc for the preimuims they were charging

I'm in same boat as OP. Insurance going up from $213/month to $386/month on Suzuki Hayabusa, I'm over 35. Ridiculous. Nobody wants to insure that bike.

I'm in same boat as OP. Insurance going up from $213/month to $386/month on Suzuki Hayabusa, I'm over 35. Ridiculous. Nobody wants to insure that bike.
Lol dude I don't know your record but it sounds like you're getting swindled.

Sent from my raven

I'm using a broker , ,he holds my car insurance as well though..but they are not together..new rider..2009 R6...355 a month...from all the photos e calls I made this week that was the cheapest...one quote 14,000 ...I pay more now than when I was 21 ...highway robbery

Same boat.. 2 years ago was paying $1200/year for FULL COVERAGE went up last year to 2500/year for basic and now they want close to 3000/year.

2006 Honda CBR 600RR
Full M License
8 years riding experience
28 years old
SUPER CLEAN RECORD

WTF IS GOING ON!!!!

Last edited:
It seems that the <30 crowd is being priced out of the supersport market regardless of experience.

Have you shopped around? Sticking with your existing carrier might be part of the problem.

I've switched insurance companies throughout the years and going to start calling around soon. currently with AVIVA. Going to start looking I guess...TBH I think I'm screwed...I'm tired of fighting with insurance companies...Maybe I'll just give up riding...

Why wouldn't you consider a non-SS bike before just giving up riding all together? With your experience and record there's lots of bikes out there that would be drastically less expensive to insure.

I almost want to setup a revolt at Queens park about this ********. We are all getting bent over backwards it is disgusting, no wonder I know many people riding without insurance. I could never do such thing, as the cons FAR outweigh the positives but this is getting stupid.

Who is with me to revolt on this madness?!

Back
Top Bottom