buying a Ninja 300 question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying a Ninja 300 question

No safety is common. Not a deal breaker. Safety expires after a certain amount of time and also difficult to get it in winter.
Lower valued vehicles rarely have safety. It is also no guarantee of the mechanical condition of the vehicle.

With that said - no safety = lower price.
That bike needs a new rear tire.

No UVIP is super lazy. This is not buyer's responsibility. Seller should be prepared to show to prospective buyers. You can order it online. It takes few business days to come in, and unlike safety, doesn't expire.
No battery when showing a bike also damn lazy.

Limited Edition paint - nobody cares. It's a green bike. Nobody pays more for this. Not rare, not desirable.
Kawasaki was charging poor suckers a couple of hundred bucks more for it when new.

A quick glance on Kijiji and I see these bikes posted for $3,000 - $3,750.
$3,000 is an absolute max I'd pay for it. There is a ton of them that will be posted in just a few weeks.

Look outside of GTA for better deals.

Last edited:
You're anxious to get on the road, but I'd pass up this bike and especially the seller. People with long stories about what their bike is worth, why they did not do the basics to prepare for the sale, telling you what you have to do for the privilege of buying their bike, everything has to go their way etc............ are not worth your time.

As others have said, in the next 4 - 6 weeks there will be many many bikes put on the market and you'll find a better deal. Just move on.

Hi all,

So I went to check it out. Here are some things I found out:

Tire pics: http://imgur.com/a/jxP3y

- I did not get to start the bike as no battery was installed. Will be going back tomorrow with a friend to test drive it.
- It was dropped once on sand towards the right side. Never crashed. No visible cracks in frame. No major scratches either. Bike looked good!
- Oil change and chain service was done last year before bike stored for winter. A few other things were done but slipped my mind.
- Engine oil level was full? This seemed weird. Even after standing the motorcycle upright. He said we have to start the bike for a few minutes and then we can check accurately.
- Tire tread didn't seem too bad, please take a look at the attached pics. He said the tires don't have to be changed for some time.
- Spark plugs, brake fluid, coolant untouched.
- Rear brake fluid level was OK, but the front I couldn't really tell, it seemed full to the top.
- Couldn't check for leaks as it was a rainy day today.
- Brakes pads/rotor/chain/sprocket/gas tank/electronics/2 keys for all 3 holes(ignition/gas/seat cover)/Stored in climate controlled garage during winter/battery trickle charged....<---everything good

I told him I like the bike but the only thing is the price right now. He said he can do 3800 but no one will sell a special edition color for this price later on. He said he knows he can sell it in April/May for $42/4300. The guys at the dealership told him to put it up for $4500. He also said I have to do safety, and he wont get the Used vehicle information package either. I told him the UVIP is usually seller responsibility but he said you can get that too, just need to put in the VIN. Or pay him $20 to get it.

I think I'm gonna offer 3700 cash tomorrow, and hope he accepts. What do you guys think?
I will sell you my 2015 Green Ninja 300 ABS with 1500 kms for $3800 if you're interested. I do not have it listed for sale.

Thank you all for the replies. I was going to go and offer $33/3400 because of the rear tire, Valve service coming up, and safety. The max I would've paid was $3500...if the test drive was smooth.

But I don't think I'll bother with him anymore since Supernam is giving me a pretty sweet deal right now. Supernam where do you live? I live in Malton Mississauga.

Thank you all for the replies. I was going to go and offer $33/3400 because of the rear tire, Valve service coming up, and safety. The max I would've paid was $3500...if the test drive was smooth.

But I don't think I'll bother with him anymore since Supernam is giving me a pretty sweet deal right now. Supernam where do you live? I live in Malton Mississauga.

I think the GTAM community just saved you $1000 or more!

I know right. Glad I posted here. Supernam I replied to your PM but not sure if it got sent. Let me know here if you did not receive anything.

I quickly checked 2 insurance quotes online just now for the 2015 Ninja 300 with ABS. Ridersplus.com is offering $150/mo...which is fine with me. But jdsmithinsurance.com was asking $340/mo! What do you guys pay for your insurance? Isn't $340 too much for a beginner bike? I'll have a look at the insurance subforum when I get the chance.

Thank you all for your input and advice!

I know right. Glad I posted here. Supernam I replied to your PM but not sure if it got sent. Let me know here if you did not receive anything.

I quickly checked 2 insurance quotes online just now for the 2015 Ninja 300 with ABS. Ridersplus.com is offering $150/mo...which is fine with me. But jdsmithinsurance.com was asking $340/mo! What do you guys pay for your insurance? Isn't $340 too much for a beginner bike? I'll have a look at the insurance subforum when I get the chance.

Thank you all for your input and advice!

DO NOT go by online quotes, call around, wayyyy more accurate. Seriously.

I suggest Paul south(surnet) or Statefarm(they suck for SS, but i got quote like 1300/year for new rider in 20s in brampton which is AWESOME)

i never ended getting a 300 but hey.

I also recommend Paul South, lowest new rider quote I've had. Taking the motorcycle training course helps your insurance rate go down too.

Sounds like I saw this a little late, but that initial bike you looked at, not a great deal.

I sold my '14 SE ABS for $4k last august with ~7000km on it. Never dropped, not a scratch on the thing.

This ad has been up since Jan 30...and these bikes are suppose to be fast sellers. Something must be up with it.

Yeah, the price is up with it. I've seen brand new old stock that dealers have kicking around from 2015 only 5-6 hundred more than what he's asking.

DO NOT go by online quotes, call around, wayyyy more accurate. Seriously.

I suggest Paul south(surnet) or Statefarm(they suck for SS, but i got quote like 1300/year for new rider in 20s in brampton which is AWESOME)

i never ended getting a 300 but hey.

Ridersplus.com is pretty accurate to their phone quotes. The only difference is when you start adding/upgrading your coverage, like loss of wages at work and all that stuff.

I told him I like the bike but the only thing is the price right now. He said he can do 3800 but no one will sell a special edition color for this price later on. He said he knows he can sell it in April/May for $42/4300. The guys at the dealership told him to put it up for $4500. He also said I have to do safety, and he wont get the Used vehicle information package either. I told him the UVIP is usually seller responsibility but he said you can get that too, just need to put in the VIN. Or pay him $20 to get it.

I think I'm gonna offer 3700 cash tomorrow, and hope he accepts. What do you guys think?

Never buy a bike without seeing the UVIP BEFORE you hand over money, unless you want to find out at Service Ontario he still owes on his loan or there's a lean against the bike.

Back
Top Bottom