buying a Ninja 300 question | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying a Ninja 300 question

No it's not full coverage. Dropped collision coverage but kept comprehensive. Insurance will still pay if I'm not at fault during collision. It was the middle option. He said 90℅ of his customers choose this. The full coverage was around 1500 I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Did you look in to upgrading anything else?

The $250 bet that you won't wreck your $5000 bike (that's probably what insurance would pay you in a write off) is your call, but I'd pay the $250.

I have an additional package added that covers my loss of work wages at %70 up to $700 max payout weekly. That was increased from $300 in the base package. The upgrade included a bunch of other things but it cost me $400 for the year.

Now, if I'm in a motorcycle accident with a car, it's highly likely I'm going to miss AT LEAST 1 week of work. More than likely miss several. One week of wages reimbursement and that bet is paid for. That's not including the other medical coverage increases etc. included in the $400 additional package.

Something to consider especially when you're new and more likely to make a mistake and crash. I crashed (no cars - my mistake - also didn't claim it and fixed the bike myself) but thankfully landed in tall thick cushy grass.

Congrats JD-5 on the new purchase, awesome fun bike you bought there. As for insurance, personally I'd pay the extra $250 for full coverage. Recently renewed my coverage and went with Dalton Timmis. Went from $980/year to $880/year and doubled all of the limits for coverage as I don't want to have issues down the road should something happen. I prefer the peace of mind option, but to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom