Australian visa help? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Australian visa help?

AC may not have prevented her from flying, but it was a family/couple's vacation. It was negated when they screwed up. For example would she have felt safe alone in a strange country, etc.? Lots of reasons she could also sue.

We honestly didn't know about the visa.

We booked everything online, and no mention of it asking for visa or emails saying so.
It would be a different story if we went to check in, and the air canada rep said you need to go online before you board the flight and get a visa.
Than it would be on me, but the help desk said they can do it, and they do it all the time.

the employee at the help desk called everyone he could for an hour to correct this, but the system will lock you our right away as a fail safe.

The only thing I could question on your end is the fact that you didn't know about the visa requirement?? I cannot comprehend how I'd let this slip my mind, going on a short relatively inexpensive trip, forget about quite expensive, possibly trip of a life-time. I'd be even nervous if I knew I need visa, and someone would tell me that airline agent can do it quickly, right during check-in .... no way, would I rely on that, for variety of reasons other than the guy behind a counter. The vise was the clear showstopper or should have been ....

Anyway, hope you get something out of Air Canada to compensate you.

Back
Top Bottom