Victory Motorcycles Closing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Victory Motorcycles Closing

-Maverick-

Harley beards are smiling at the end of Victory. Almost got drawn into the cruiser sector by the allure of the eight ball, also know some sportbike guys who did pull the trigger on an eight ball. Glad I didn't buy one and support a company like Polaris. Victory owners are ******!

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/09/victory-motorcycles-closed-ends-production/

I hope Indians are as cool, but if you don't have a company that stays the course, then why buy anything from Polaris? You'll end up with a devalued bike with no parts.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Well, Victory Motorcycles released their first bike (of the revived company) back in 1998. So 19 years is a long enough time to give the company a real chance at being viable. They simply could never break into the market the way they wanted to. Folks who want American made motorcycles want a bike with "history" etc and they just couldn't compete with the 900lb Gorilla in the room that is HD. IMO they did build some great bikes with some great tech for the sector. What really hurt them was the constant new models and updated styling every couple of years. Again, no model longevity for those who want a bike that looks pretty much the same as one that is 20yrs old. Apparently their Indian line-up is doing well in the US and with their very traditional Indian styling they are able to capture that evolution of a design rather than redesign thing. Victory has committed to manufacturing parts for 10yrs and if they stick to that it's not really like they are leaving current customers in a lurch. Lots of Japanese bikes that only have a 1 or 2 year model run have the same problem and again the companies adhere to making replacement parts for a set number of years so that owners don't run into problems with getting replacement parts.

As for Victory being at the show it made since to me. I'm sure there is a fair amount of remaining stock that needs to be sold off and there needs to be a place where company reps can explain the whole situation to potential customers. I'm sure there will be significant discounts in the coming months on remaining models too.

Victory is a brand. Polaris is the motorcycle company. Victories still get parts support for 10 years. Easy to do since many parts are interchangeable with Indian Motorcycle parts. By all accounts they're great bikes. If I was in the market, I would be looking for a deal on one.

Unless Polaris significantly changes the Scout over the next few years, the Octane should have decent support as well.

Local Vic dealer had 12 bikes on the showroom floor and all but one sold in less than a week (most with little to no discount). It's not difficult to move remaining stock. Some Vic guys are upset but mostly because they don't like the alternatives for a future bike purchase.

As for parts, Vic's are incredibly reliable and easy to work on. BTW, Pontiac has been gone for 7yrs now but you can still get parts for one everywhere. It'll be the same for Vic.

Local Vic dealer had 12 bikes on the showroom floor and all but one sold in less than a week (most with little to no discount). It's not difficult to move remaining stock. Some Vic guys are upset but mostly because they don't like the alternatives for a future bike purchase.

As for parts, Vic's are incredibly reliable and easy to work on. BTW, Pontiac has been gone for 7yrs now but you can still get parts for one everywhere. It'll be the same for Vic.
Agreed. I'm not in the market at all for a big cruiser but if I was I'd definitely be looking for a deal on a Victory right now.
My dad has a 2011 Kingpin, had it since 2012 with about 45k km currently and nothing but oil/brakes/tires and regular service interval stuff. The 1730cc has gobs of torque and it handles quick and light for its size. I always enjoy a blast on it.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I suppose the execs at Polaris didn't like the idea of having two different product lines competing for the same niche in the market.

I prefer the looks of the Victory line. Most of the big Indian bikes are too retro for my taste.

I'm going to hope that Indian will merge a few of Victory's better products into their own lineup.

Every shuttered m/c company makes you wonder what might have been had they built a normal motorcycle rather than fruitcake on wheels. No need to break new ground on technology, it's already out there, but always leading with lifestyle driven design cues up to and often including homoerotic hub to rim extrusions.

They needed to free up assembly line space to enter into a new venture with Erik Buell. Now where did I set those shares in Polaris Industries? Its so nice out I should light the BBQ.

Every shuttered m/c company makes you wonder what might have been had they built a normal motorcycle rather than fruitcake on wheels. No need to break new ground on technology, it's already out there, but always leading with lifestyle driven design cues up to and often including homoerotic hub to rim extrusions.

Tell us how you really feel about them.

I popped into Peak Powersports in Barrie this week, no discounts on them as Polaris is vowing 10 years of support

Back
Top Bottom