magic jack ? anyone use one | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

magic jack ? anyone use one

I cant believe there are still phones at homes. I thought phones are in everyones pockets.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Take note that porting out of MagicJack (to another phone provider) is notoriously horrific - They are well known for holding numbers hostage, so keep this in consideration.
Port number before you cancel the line

Port number before you cancel the line

The issue is that they apparently like to block the port to the new carrier. Many stories out there of people that felt like their number was being held hostage, or the process became so onerous that people just decide to stay.

If you Google "Magic Jack Hostage" there's lots of reading.

The issue is that they apparently like to block the port to the new carrier. Many stories out there of people that felt like their number was being held hostage, or the process became so onerous that people just decide to stay.

If you Google "Magic Jack Hostage" there's lots of reading.
Well getting new # ain't that bad. At least you shed some telemarketers

A lot of people are very tied to their numbers and don't want to give them up. Up until number porting came into effect in the land of cellphones the carriers used to use this to their advantage by holding customers hostage simply by owning a number which the customer had long maintained and didn't want to ditch.

Once number portability was mandated all that changed. It's a good thing, and not everyone who ports their number out to a low cost service like Magic Jack wants to stay, nor do they want to be forced to abandon a long held number simply to get out - that shouldn't happen with any reputable company.

Back
Top Bottom