I hate Tailgaters!!! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I hate Tailgaters!!!

I had a minivan tailgate me last year for a short distance. I stopped at a stop sign where you either turn right or left. While stopped in front of the van I turned, and gave a stay back wave to the minivan. I saw it was a young woman driving. When I waved, she proceeded to Floor it, spun her fwd minivan tires, turned into oncoming lane and cut the corner into oncoming traffic and proceeded to go at least 80km'h in a 50. Just completely erratic. She lost it apparently. I caught up to her a few lights down the road, she was blasting music and doing her make-up but did up all her windows as I approached. Guess she didn't want a date? jk I hope to god this chick lost her license. just one of those people who doesn't give a **** about others lives...

I've split lanes before to get off the road and away from an asshugger before.

If a polite wave motioning them back doesn't work, I'll swerve around in my lane a bit which they usually have a mini panic attack over and back up a bit.

If you have some old spark plugs, pennies, or marbles in your pocket that happen to drop out by chance...that also does the trick; or so I'm told.

#7 - Do a half turn and give them the 'wtf?' sign.
I do this too, and I find it to be pretty effective. I don't ride like an *******, so I know it's nothing I've done to ****** them off. It's simply that they're too stupid to know that they shouldn't tailgate a bike. If I notice that they're really close, I'll usually just turn around and look at them for a sec. Just look, at them. That usually does it. They'll realize that I'm not happy and back off. If that fails I'll do it again and usually put my hand up in a "why are you doing this" way. That's only failed me once, so I pulled over to and let that loser pass.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

This is one case where loud pipes indeed save lives.

No one likes to drive close to me when I'm on either Buell or the Hog.

They keep their distance even when having to put down young from light to like.

Only issue I run into occasionally is, the vehicle that wants to merge or lane change into my lane while I'm still occupying it.

I can have the best lane discipline, they see an she ace and go for it.

Funny how they just look forward and never shoulder check or look my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just give my bike a few quick back and forth shakes. To the tailgater, it looks like I'm out of control and about to crash.

I just give my bike a few quick back and forth shakes. To the tailgater, it looks like I'm out of control and about to crash.

I do the same. Only trouble is I am serious.. Just getting ready to crash. Lol. :) I also do the fancy wiggle when I see cagers at intersections. Not so much in town more so in the Country.

Back
Top Bottom