Bike show 2017 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike show 2017

I bought a brand new bike and wrecked it the same day. I didn't use my mandated insurance.

I have no idea what you did, or did not do, or had, all I can think of is you paid out of your own pocket perhaps...

Typically if you finance and owe on the item, then you you need to have the item insured......

but hey I could be wrong.....

I was there on press day and I have to say the bike which won me over was the Ducati SuperSport S. From the pictures I thought it was ugly as ****, but in person I really really loved it, looks a LOT better then pictures I saw implied, specifically the headlights.

[video=youtube;t_yJoHpML40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yJoHpML40[/video]

I was there on press day and I have to say the bike which won me over was the Ducati SuperSport S. From the pictures I thought it was ugly as ****, but in person I really really loved it, looks a LOT better then pictures I saw implied, specifically the headlights.

That is nice. Thank you.
I thought the same about the Diavel. Ugly as sin. Until I rode it. Wow. Tons of torque. Changed my mind, had to buy it.

specifically the headlights.

_81300586_81300585.jpg

12_supersport_s.jpg

I have no idea what you did, or did not do, or had, all I can think of is you paid out of your own pocket perhaps...

Typically if you finance and owe on the item, then you you need to have the item insured......

but hey I could be wrong.....

I assume it is with any brand, but with BMW if you finance through them you need full coverage. I would do the same if someone was financing from me. I pay full coverage on my 2015 and it is paid off, still makes sense as the bike has value. If it was older, then it is just not worth the higher price tag most of the time for full coverage insurance.

Looks a lot better in video than still shot. This is encouraging. Good ergos, relatively mild state of engine tune makes sense. You could probably find a place to zip tie a toothbrush and a crevice to hold scrunched up kerchief, and you're on your way.

Don't borrow money for a depreciating item. Borrow for RRSP, take the taxable benefit and pay down the loan. Shows on your bureau and you make money!

Builds credit, banks love you and you get favourable/decent rates for mortgages.

Banks don't like loans for toys. It builds some history but can be looked at negatively compared to someone with no credit or someone with a $500 limit capital one MC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I've been busy all week haven't had a chance to get on to reply. This is an interesting point you bring up that I didn't know/think about. Fortunately for me I have a job where I have a pension and my employer contributes to my RRSPs for me so I am not concerned about that too much but is something I may look into. Thanks for the advice

Respectly disagree ,life is way too short,if you got the dough buy whatever you want.My closest friend died at 30 years old,he never even got to own a car, graduated from York, became a teacher, just as his loans were almost paid off(one more year) he was going to buy his first car.Came home from overseas for christmas and dropped dead 3 days later,2 days before Christmas,sorry to be a downer, but that's reality.Buy what you want when you want
Very nice bike btw,and green of course is the best colour for a kawi

GO GREEN OR GO HOME ! ;)

This I understand all too well.... I had a medical issue that without getting into details is normally associated with older people and usually has more severe consequences. I was LUCKY. I do plan for the future but do try to live in the moment while staying within my means in the hopes I do live a long and happy life.

All I know about financing motorcycles is this. It's gotta be cheaper than a shrink.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

This is the truth.... Plus you can make your own appointments on a whim ;)

financing anything is not a bad idea , IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT. Too many folks have a camper, two jet skis, nice sled, great bike and credit card debt, all financed. They should think about things differently.
Have a game plan, gainfully employed life partner, maybe a house, then maybe a nice financed bike is for you.

This is the key right here.... Too many people finance their lifestyle that they want other people to see them living that in reality they can't afford. This is part of the affect I personally believe social media has on people. People only post the good things, the happy smiley things.... They never, if rarely show the times they messed up or it didn't work out. Also people only see the snapshots of the glory but have no idea or don't even think about the hard work, time, dedication, sacrifices etc. that some people had to put in to get car, house, trip, trinket, bobble, job, success, etc.

Without getting into detail I will just say I have been on my own from a young age..... I didn't have the safety net like most people, of having someone (parents, family members, etc) bailing me out if I "effed" up. So I have learned about living within my means and being able to provide for myself. Hence the lifestyle of buying everything cash... If I can't afford to buy I don't. I even hate having to use cheques when needed... when I buy something I want that money gone immediately. Even with the financing on the bike I do have the cash on hand to buy the bike outright if something did happen. I hate debt and can't stand owing people anything... It seriously stresses me out and keeps me up at night(should be interesting on how I will sleep when I buy a house lol).

dude...its super L-YAY-RA not super-legga. Lol, if you're going to be making videos like this you've got an obligation to get it right or you'll have a bunch of idiots watching your videos making themselves look like bigger idiots when they go around saying things superlegga.

Might as well put up some pics now that you got me to post...

16836595_10154539440319403_7446672858486671699_o.jpg

16835878_10154539448724403_4362405230283473776_o.jpg

16836578_10154539440749403_4928110785718688542_o.jpg

16804456_10154539440899403_4277178087502919262_o.jpg

16836577_10154539451904403_1852332483525182023_o.jpg

16797334_10154539452559403_5153793860067915892_o.jpg

16836053_10154539453189403_1468435648687863960_o.jpg

16797922_10154539454679403_8310086609663760523_o.jpg

16836439_10154539455419403_185368447895865708_o.jpg

16903390_10154539455969403_428434761485796367_o.jpg

Last edited:
Re: above pics
I hope that Ducati looks better IRL. That paint scheme is meh, and I can't really get the feel for Ducati's usually sexy lines.
That KTM tho!

Sent from the Purple Zone

Thanks for the clarifications, i am surprised though, I was in the same boat as you...no credit cards, no history, no loans...I had a good score and all...but was rejected by TD for a KAWI(They finance all vehicles, 2 or 4 wheels in canada).....but then again i put down 500 vs your 3000...so thats probably why.

A bigger downpayment changes things in the eyes of the lender i suppose

Anyway congrats on the bike its fun i hear, hopefully insurance is lenient, this wont be your first bike, and mid 30s so should be ok.

for me was quite similar - went with the 675 in the end. The R is nice but realistically speaking on the road i would see little difference (and never track though I might buy a Ninja300 for that when i get some spare cash).

Congrats on the financing and the purchase

on a side note - love the CRB and R6 new look. Man those 20yo kids will have a blast, though I wonder why the ducs are soo .... bland lately, used to turn heads but now, i dono, lost their luster

Superleggera is definitely not "super L-YAY-RA".

More like "Superlejjera". Soft Gs.

via Tapatalk

Why dont we ask an actual italian?

@Joebass?

via Tapatalk

Why dont we ask an actual italian?

@Joebass?
I pronounce it as @jayell stated. But I speak a butchered Calabrese. People from the north may use the yay sound. However, I believe Ducati is located near Rome, my wife is from close to there, she says it like me.
But, I'm as mangiacake an Italian as you can get.
Paging @sempre1

Sent from the Purple Zone

via Tapatalk

we have a winner !
it sounds a lot fancier than "superlight"
just like giuseppe verde sounds a lot fancier then "joe green"

People from the north may use the yay sound. However, I believe Ducati is located near Rome, my wife is from close to there, she says it like me.

Ducati is based in Bologna, in the north. They pronounce Superleggera with a j not a y.

My in-laws have lived in Milano (also in the north) for over 30 years and they speak fluent Italian. Not once have they pronounced formaggio (cheese) "for-ma-yee-oh"...

Back
Top Bottom