Bike show 2017 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike show 2017

Ducati is based in Bologna, in the north. They pronounce Superleggera with a j not a y.

My in-laws have lived in Milano (also in the north) for over 30 years and they speak fluent Italian. Not once have they pronounced formaggio (cheese) "for-ma-yee-oh"...

you're arguing semantics, yea in Italy they pronounce it like a J but if you crossed the Adriatic Sea you'll often hear a more y sound pretty often in the UK as well, both are correct. Bottom line is its not Superlegga. Just like how Akrapovic is usually either pronounced UH-KROP-O-VICH, ACK-RA-PO-VICH or even AKRA-PO-VICK by most uniformed North Americans but its most definitely not Akrapovo

Here's a video of UK journalist pronouncing it with a Y and its just one of many videos..

[video=youtube;VWJQt3doBXA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWJQt3doBXA[/video]

Re: above pics
I hope that Ducati looks better IRL. That paint scheme is meh, and I can't really get the feel for Ducati's usually sexy lines.
That KTM tho!

Sent from the Purple Zone

Honesty I'm not a big fan of white on red bikes either but it was pretty gorgeous in person. The pictures don't really do justice to the matte paintjob or all the carbon bits...everything on that bike is carbon but it just doesn't show in those pictures. It was so hard getting unobstructed pictures of it I had to wait until the show closed. It was literally the center of attention at the booth, after hours I was at least able to pull back those barrier things to get a clear shot and sit on it.

Last edited:
I listened to that three times, I'm hearing a soft G , no Y. And the journalist is from the UK, but next to Joebass I'm second in line for mangiacake status

Uh... Are we watching the same video?

He said Superleggera over 20 times in that video. Each time he pronounced it with a J...

I don't know...other guy heard a soft g you hear a J, my name begins with J and I just don't hear a proper J sound in there to be honest. Either way done arguing this stupidity, just don't say Superlegga boys :D, no its not Super Sega or Lego or whatever...

Well, if no one is gonna ask,.....

So, do you ride a PaniGale, PaniJale, or PaniYale?

means they want a KitKat....duh....

Give me a break!
and Gimme a break! 1. Inf. Don't be so harsh to me!; Give me another chance! I'm sorry! I'll do better! Give me a break! I was only late once! Give me a break!
2. Inf. That is enough, you're bothering me!; Stop it! Do you have to go on and on? Give me a break! Give me a break, you guys! That's enough of your bickering!
3. Inf. I don't believe you!; You don't expect anyone to believe that! You say a gorilla is loose in the city? Gimme a break! Tom said he was late again because the back stairs caved in. His boss said, "Gimme a break!"
See also: give
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Give me/us a break!

(American & Australian informal) something that you say when you do not believe what someone has just said 'You're going to run a marathon? Give me a break!'
See also: give
Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.
Give me a break!

and Gimme a break!1. exclam. That is enough!; Stop it! Do you have to go on and on? Give me a break!
2. exclam. Don’t be so harsh!; Give me a chance! I’m sorry! I’ll do better! Give me a break!
3. and GMAB exclam. & comp. abb. I don’t believe it!; You don’t really think I believe that! Come on, GMAB! How dumb do you think I am!

I was there on press day and I have to say the bike which won me over was the Ducati SuperSport S. From the pictures I thought it was ugly as ****, but in person I really really loved it, looks a LOT better then pictures I saw implied, specifically the headlights.

[video=youtube;t_yJoHpML40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_yJoHpML40[/video]

I love this trend of street oriented sportbikes, I really do, but why do they all cut the size of the instrumentation in half?

The Ducati is also at the top of my list for my next bike. Right now It's either the new Triumph Street 765 or the Ducati 939 Supersport. I spent a lot of time going back and forth at the show. I was comparing the overall comfort between both bikes and one issue that really bothered me which may not be that big of deal for others, is the clutch lever comfort. For example are the levers adjustable, how strong of a pull is required etc. If the bike is meant for commuting in traffic. I consider this important to me. Anyway the Triumph fealt really great , it had adjustable levers for both brake and clutch and the clutch pull was really easy. Now the Ducati disappointed me. I realize this not anywhere near their top line bikes. But it's still a $15,000 plus bike. I asked one of the reps there why didn't they at least have adjustable for both the brake and clutch? The 939 Supersport only has brake as adjustable. He noted they were trying to keep the cost down. He then mentioned you can get aftermarket levers. I was surprised with the response. I know I can get aftermarket for any bike. But if i'm paying this amount for what is supposed to be a premium brand they shouldn't be cutting corners. The seat was also not as comfortable. I really like the bike overall, but I left the Ducati area more disappointed than before I saw the bike. It seemed like they only went so far with the design and then gave up. They are promoting this bike as a everyday street use bike. If that's the case , comfort should be a top priority.

I was actually surprised how comfortable the Triumph Street 765 was.

Just curious if anyone else had the same impressions , or am I just being too picky. To me if I'm spending $15,000 plus on a bike , it better be perfect for me from stock.

Last edited:
It's a cable clutch, so it is adjustable

Back
Top Bottom