Bike show 2017 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike show 2017

I have a friend there today and Sunday helping to run the Ride for Sight booth. I will be there running the Ride for Sight booth tomorrow from 2-6pm so come by and say hi!

How hi? Hey how are you? Will Indians be there?

Yep.... went to show.... walked out with $3k less in my bank account lol

Going Sat. afternoon. It will be the first manufacturers show I have been to in 25 years. I felt it was time.

Went today, pretty fun! Honda Rebels looked neat, lady friend almost won the ninja 300, stunt show was pretty snazzy, and bought 4L of liquimoly full synthetic oil for 40$ twas a good night!

How do you almost win?
The way they do the draw is interesting. They call a number of people that put their names in the draw (5 in this case) and they gave each of them a key from a helmet (number from a hat), only one of them turned on the bike. Their doing it again for a Portugal riding trip on a K1200 of some kind on Sunday.

The way they do the draw is interesting. They call a number of people that put their names in the draw (5 in this case) and they gave each of them a key from a helmet (number from a hat), only one of them turned on the bike. Their doing it again for a Portugal riding trip on a K1200 of some kind on Sunday.
The Portugal contest is in conjunction with Q107. I posted it in my contest thread.
Mango, must have been crazy exciting for her to be that close to winning!

Sent from the Purple Zone

What'd ya get! What'd ya get!
No kidding! Tell us you bought a bike with no details? Shameful!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yep :)
Needed to replace my baby that was stolen at Christmas

Nice, so your financing?

What did you end up getting?

No kidding! Tell us you bought a bike with no details? Shameful!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha .... Sorry guys...You're right, it was poor form to leave you hanging like that :)

What'd ya get! What'd ya get!

Nice, so your financing?

What did you end up getting?

I bought a 2017 ZX-6R ABS KRT

It started out as a tough decision.... My final two on my short list was the zx-6r 636 and the daytona 675r. I must have spent about 1-1.5 hours going back and forth between the two bikes... looking at them, sitting on them etc.
The decision became easy when I decided to calculate the difference in final payout over the term and the difference between the offers was about $4500.... The daytona 675R is a nice bike but I personally don't think $4500 better than the 636. Thats a whole lot of riding instruction and tracks days I can buy with that money.

@Bigpoppa-- Yes I am financing..... I need to build credit history for myself if I plan to buy a house in the near future. I am mid 30's and everything I have, I have bought cash. Never had credit cards until recently and never had a vehicle loan. I do have the cash in the bank to buy outright but with 0% financing it works out for me that it doesn't cost me money to finance and I get credit/loan history

Last edited:
Congrats. The 0% sure would help make the decision. You'll have lots of fun on it. 6r brings back memories for me as it was my 1st SS back in '98.

Ha ha ha .... Sorry guys...You're right, it was poor form to leave you hanging like that :)

I bought a 2017 ZX-6R ABS KRT

It started out as a tough decision.... My final two on my short list was the zx-6r 636 and the daytona 675r. I must have spent about 1-1.5 hours going back and forth between the two bikes... looking at them, sitting on them etc.
The decision became easy when I decided to calculate the difference in final payout over the term and the difference between the offers was about $4500.... The daytona 675R is a nice bike but I personally don't think $4500 better than the 636. Thats a whole lot of riding instruction and tracks days I can buy with that money.

@Bigpoppa-- Yes I am financing..... I need to build credit history for myself if I plan to buy a house in the near future. I am mid 30's and everything I have, I have bought cash. Never had credit cards until recently and never had a vehicle loan. I do have the cash in the bank to buy outright but with 0% financing it works out for me that it doesn't cost me money to finance and I get credit/loan history

Thanks for the clarifications, i am surprised though, I was in the same boat as you...no credit cards, no history, no loans...I had a good score and all...but was rejected by TD for a KAWI(They finance all vehicles, 2 or 4 wheels in canada).....but then again i put down 500 vs your 3000...so thats probably why.

A bigger downpayment changes things in the eyes of the lender i suppose

Anyway congrats on the bike its fun i hear, hopefully insurance is lenient, this wont be your first bike, and mid 30s so should be ok.

Sweet! I hung around the Kawasaki booth for a while. The new 650 models look better and are a lot lighter, but what caught my eye was the new Versys 300. I'd have to sell something else to make it happen, but something I wouldn't mind getting dirty is going to be the next addition.

Back
Top Bottom