What a chase..... | GTAMotorcycle.com

What a chase.....

GateKeeper

Hope this has not been posted recently....

The chase begins at the 8:40 mark. For a while, it appears to be a run of the mill high-speed motorcycle police chase. A few minutes in and you realize the chasee is carrying a passenger. Next, you begin to wonder why this motor cop can’t catch a guy riding a bike two-up. Then, at 15:06 the cop nearly crashes into the culprit when the chasee brakes hard for traffic. When the pursuit resumes it carries on for another 11 minutes of crazy passes and near misses. The end comes at 27:46 when the chasee spins out on a dirt road. Bailing on his passenger he flees on foot, removes his helmet, but doesn’t toss it (probably because he’ll need to sell it to help pay the fine). The motor cop continues the chase while still riding, hits a barn, and may have lost the suspect if it weren’t for the arrival of backup. Adding the final touch of comic relief, the cop drops his bike at 28:45. Yah, it’s a long video but worth the watch. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;vLqzH6YX7n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLqzH6YX7n8[/video]

Was posted a few days ago but it's definitely worth reposting. If the lead rider did not have a pillion, he would have been gone.

I watched this for far too long before I figured out that the camera was on the police bike, not the guy being chased. Made more sense from that moment forward.

What the heck kind of bike was the fleeing rider on? Couldn't quite make it out. Sounds like a cruiser but sure hauled ***.

That was a V-Rod I think, or a pretty good copy. The guy kept blowing away the cop (probably on a BMW) on the low end, just walked away from him even with the passenger. I think without the passenger the cop would have been lost in minutes. However, it goes to show you what a bike cop can do when faced with these riders who take off. A car is useless in those situations. No matter what, I don't think the chase was worth the risk. They would have got him sooner or later.

That was a V-Rod I think, or a pretty good copy. The guy kept blowing away the cop (probably on a BMW) on the low end, just walked away from him even with the passenger. I think without the passenger the cop would have been lost in minutes. However, it goes to show you what a bike cop can do when faced with these riders who take off. A car is useless in those situations. No matter what, I don't think the chase was worth the risk. They would have got him sooner or later.

The cop missing about 100 shifts likely didn't help lol

The video shows just how hard running and chasing someone is on the body and mind. As the chase went on and on you could see the rider beginning to make more and more mistakes, (wide turns etc). The adrenaline coursing through the body in the beginning is incredible, but as the length of time increases that adrenaline, begins to break down and causes incredible mental and physical fatigue.

I have been in very short pursuits and the body at the end is pumped and your ready for anything, as you get out of the cruiser. Then I have been involved in protracted 15 - 45 minute pursuits, that by the end of it, all you really want to do is go have a nap..lol If you watch the show cops, after a long chase, the bad guy gets put in the rear of the cruiser and seems to pass out or fall asleep. That is from the "adrenaline crash".

Not sure why the chase was initiated, if for only traffic offences, then it should have been called off many times, especially when the rider began to ride into oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, we don't know what prompted it, could have been a guy with a murder warrant...

Wow. What an ****** that guy was. Glad they caught him.
Looks like he was riding a v-rod.

The other cop was on a ZX-14. I wonder if the cop on the bike with the camera was also on a ZX-14. Pretty cool that the Finnish police use ZX-14s.

Looked like the bike with the camera was no more than 1-5 to 2 seconds behind the fleeing bike.

Just looking around on the net and found a news article (in Finnish) saying that the motorcyclist had a long criminal history including manslaughter and something about a shotgun.

If I'm reading google translate right, the police were initially trying to pull him over because he was doing 144 kmph in an 80 kmph highway. He was on parole at the time and high on metamphetamine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom