How do people make their bike NOT a low hanging fruit (theft deterrents) ??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do people make their bike NOT a low hanging fruit (theft deterrents) ???

Aqueeb

Just wondering what people do to make thieves look at their bikes and say "Naaah...let's move on to something easier..."

Do people use a combination of things? Like a loud brake disc rotor 120 decibel alarm plus a thick chain? etc...

Thx people!

House with garage.

+1

My motorcycle is stored at my parent's place. The track bike and trailer is as well. My street bike is stored at a condo during riding season but meh, that's what insurance is for...or the baseball bat in the car in front of my bike if I ever catch someone touching it.

Park beside someone with a more desirable bike.

you can do all kinds of things, but the constant still remains, if they want your bike, they will take it......

have insurance and don't sweat the little things.....

hyusong bike cover

interestingly, both are valid options, lol
or Weber bbq cover...oops just bbq cover spray paint BBQ

once you leave bike unattended, do not presume it will always be there when you return

Any advice of keeping it safe in a bulding garage?

My house has a garage but my office parking is like any other condo parking downtown. Any practical way to keep the bike safe from a van pick up?

My house has a garage but my office parking is like any other condo parking downtown. Any practical way to keep the bike safe from a van pick up?

park by a post and see if you can leave a chain there
park by the cameras and elevators
park so it's hard to see the bike or get to it (use other cars to block you in) you can maneuvre to get in/out

Remote controlled ignition that would light the gas tank on fire, likely creating enough internal pressure to cause a mini explosion and maiming the thief foolish enough to touch your bike.

Jokes aside, there isn't really anything you can do. If you're that worried about it, I wouldn't ride it to work (it's why I don't).

Last year I lived in NYC and used an alarm disc lock on rear wheel, u lock on front wheel, and cover. Twice my cover was stolen. I assume it was not the cover they were after but to see what was underneath. I presume the thieves were deterred because of the two locks and not the bike itself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple options come to mind. You could hang fruit off the bike and/or apply zx600 stickers. That should keep serious thieves at bay.

Ride a Burgman. Motorcycle thieves leave money on the seat.

油井緋色;2477408 said:
My street bike is stored at a condo during riding season but meh, that's what insurance is for...or the baseball bat in the car in front of my bike if I ever catch someone touching it.

Do yourself and your future lawyer a favour and keep a ball and glove with it. If it is kept by itself it is considered a weapon and the use of it is pre-meditated. If kept with a ball and glove that is simply where you store your sporting equipment and use of it was spur of the moment = lesser assault charge when used.

As for OP, I kept our 2 motorcycles out back of our apartment all riding season for 2 years. A couple of good deterrents are: 1) Move to Peterborough or similar small town = far less motorcycle thefts. 2) Get a really thick chain or cable lock and put it through the frame (if possible) or rear tire and then around a post of some sort. 3) a good all waterproof cover with a strap that goes under the bike and keeps it completely covered, the longer they have to mess with covers locks etc = more chances they will get caught. 4) A loud disc lock or alarm, again to draw attention to what is going on. 5) Pick a bike that is not the usual target of thieves. SS bikes are very tempting because parts, especially plastics etc are always needed for repairs. I have a Suzuki Bandit that is in mint shape but I've never worried about it being stolen anywhere I've left it, no one steals Bandits! There are lots of other bikes that are fun to ride but fall into this category.

1. Invisible.
2. When not invisible, in a place where you are watching it.
3. In a place where someone trustworthy is watching it.

Where I used to work, I parked it beside the shipping / receiving office because there was always someone there and I knew who it was.

Back
Top Bottom