CAA towing | GTAMotorcycle.com

CAA towing

ajaxguy

When requesting a tow for a car does the person have to be there and can they just call in the info? Looking for a way to get my car from the west end on a friends CAA membership.

Member has to be there with the card. Once it's hooked up they can take off.

Their rules state the following exclusion: Service to unattended vehicles unless pre-authorized by CAA

So there may be a way to get the tow authorized ahead of time. Your friend would have to call them and weave a story.

Their rules state the following exclusion: Service to unattended vehicles unless pre-authorized by CAA

So there may be a way to get the tow authorized ahead of time. Your friend would have to call them and weave a story.

must return the CAMH for treatment and meds???

The vehicle should be attended by someone and have the CAA card present when the tow operator arrives.

You can advise the CAA operator you left the vehicle an hitched a ride with a friend. It's generally not a problem.

technically yes. But this is a very loosely followed rule. Ive had CAA pickup a friend's bike on my account without me even being there.

Most drives are not even CAA. They're hired by CAA and they care even less.

But technically they can deny you a tow if theye being strict.

I have had my (fulling operating) bike towed from my house to the dealer for service and had it towed back (without me being there) with CAA without problem.

I requested the service thru the web, so they had my membership info already and they never check my card. I guess that's like pre-authorizing. Seems like as long as there is someone there to acknowledge the tow (or help with loading) you are good to go.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

I have had my (fulling operating) bike towed from my house to the dealer for service and had it towed back (without me being there) with CAA without problem.

I requested the service thru the web, so they had my membership info already and they never check my card. I guess that's like pre-authorizing. Seems like as long as there is someone there to acknowledge the tow (or help with loading) you are good to go.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Its funny but even that part is against their policy. They say they won't pick up a vehicle from a place of repair either. They did it for me too. So yeah I think CAA rules are loose at best - its because they use contractors. When the truck shows up, the driver wants to make his money.. he's not gonna be a stickler for rules.

The only thing I've noticed is that they want a plated and stickered vehicle. Beyond that I doubt the driver gives much of a ****.

When I've had it in the past, just called in the tow and give the member #. Didn't show it at actual tow.

In the years that I've had CAA, I have used it for at least ten times. Not once have they asked for the card or ID.

You could always just call Kamil Towing. You know what they say:
Ain't no tow like a Kamil tow.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Back
Top Bottom