Rental bikes for M2 Exit? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rental bikes for M2 Exit?

wow...thats the problem with 'as is' bikes....im guessing you didnt have it inspected by frekeguy BEFORE purchasing it?(as i did with my'n?)
Sometimes its worth paying a little bit extra to make sure the bike will be in decent condition..

Theres a reason so many bikes go on sale around 20-30k...right around the time the valve adjustment comes up...people are so ****ing lazy/cheap, they'd rather put her up on sale rather than do the only expensive maintenance item the bike will ever need

When i bought the bike, frekeguy asked if the owner had done the valve service...he ofcourse said yeah...but then frekeguy said its obvious the engine had never been opened..after which the seller reluctantly admitted "Well the owner BEFORE me said he had it done" but clearly it had never been done...so i went in eyes wide open knowing there might be some expenses coming up...just this past month i had frekeguy do the valve adjustment (granted its a much newer bike, and way fewer miles, but still better to get regular maintenance done, especially since this is the only one that costs money, rest is just easy and cheap)

I'm not gonna go into details. The bike was running rather fine and freaky got it into running shape, got it certified. Frekey was aware of valve needing to be adjusted but the bike died before it could see Frekey, Also I sold the bike "as-is" I never bought it "as-is". As frekey started working on the bike he found few other things like rear caliper was seized as some dumb *** never lubed the pins. Funny enough this SV650S was the 1st bike frekey worked on as it was his buddies long time ago, and in the end found way to me lol.

Moral? Don't buy bikes that been handed down 9 owners. It's like buying a used car from 9-10 owners, I'm 3rd owner on my car and it has few issues here and there, my parent's are 1st owner on there car and outside of regular maintenance there car is fine, or it's just that Mitsubishi (Japanese Made) cars are some nifty build beasts.

But no worries, this is why I'm gonna buy "new" bike instead of "used".

You have 5 years from the time you got your M2 so you don't have to get it this year!

Not best idea to wait. Don't you remember the whole DriveTest strike :) my mom ended up taking her G test 1 day before her G2 expired even with the Ontario wide drive licence extension that was given during the strike period.

Mitsubishis are alright but not really known for being reliable. What year and mileage is your parents' car vs your own? My Mitsubishi has had 3 transmission failures.

Lesson really should be don't buy a vehicle with 9 previous owners if you don't know how to check the oil or can't tell if your brakes are seized. heh

I'm not gonna go into details. The bike was running rather fine and freaky got it into running shape, got it certified. Frekey was aware of valve needing to be adjusted but the bike died before it could see Frekey, Also I sold the bike "as-is" I never bought it "as-is". As frekey started working on the bike he found few other things like rear caliper was seized as some dumb *** never lubed the pins. Funny enough this SV650S was the 1st bike frekey worked on as it was his buddies long time ago, and in the end found way to me lol.

Moral? Don't buy bikes that been handed down 9 owners. It's like buying a used car from 9-10 owners, I'm 3rd owner on my car and it has few issues here and there, my parent's are 1st owner on there car and outside of regular maintenance there car is fine, or it's just that Mitsubishi (Japanese Made) cars are some nifty build beasts.

But no worries, this is why I'm gonna buy "new" bike instead of "used".

Meh or just have someone knowledgeable inspect the bike before you buy. Thats what i did, as i didnt know a thing going in.

New also works...but that means a lot more money.....or worse...getting financed

Meh or just have someone knowledgeable inspect the bike before you buy. Thats what i did, as i didnt know a thing going in.

New also works...but that means a lot more money.....or worse...getting financed

I don't understand why people look at financing as such as bad thing. If you have a bunch of pre-existing loans and you get a crappy 5-6% interest rate sure, but if you can get anything 2% or less its a viable option. I got 0% on both my bikes and its worked out really well.

My Ninja back then had a Kawasaki promo of no interest for 1 year but then it jumped to 9%!! So I just put down a grand and used the money to get a good quality sets of leather and gear then paid it in full before the year was up.

My Ducati was also a good purchase at 0%, now I'm not sure if my dealer was only able to offer it because they are a car dealer as well though. I really wanted a red 09+ ZX6R or Daytona 675 but just couldn't find a decent one in good shape that hadn't been molested. At the end of the day I shopped around and figured I don't even want to spend $6-8000 on something I don't fully have my heart set on so I said **** it put down the money I'd have bought a 600 with and got the 959. I saved a couple thousand on the 2016 and I've got a bike I really love and also hope to keep a long time. I figure I'll take a year or two rather than the full term to pay it off even though its 0% because I just don't want any loans on my record.

Last edited:
0% financing is a bit of a different story, but the main thing is a bike (to most here) is a toy/secondary vehicle, and one that can be written off in essentially a parking lot mishap. Although all situations are different, there are many these days that will finance something they can't afford at all, and either default on payments or pay the bike down, but end up paying a ton more than MSRP in the end. Also lots seem to not be able to keep anything long term, so people finance a bike over 5 years, then keep trading it in every 1-3 and sinking deeper and deeper with each purchase.

Everyone is different though...personally I hate loans and spending money I don't have, so none of my vehicles have ever been financed, even the car. Only 'loan' I have is my mortgage, as it would be almost impossible to buy anything these days cash-in-hand (esp first home) when it comes to housing. Even still, any extra I have goes back in to paying that one down as quickly as possible, as rates won't stay where they are now forever.

So in the end it was probably few things that caused the engine to seize. It's unfortunate but what can you do.

Put oil in your bike, routinely check the oil level, get a manual, adjust the valves yourself.
grrr.gif

0% financing is a bit of a different story, but the main thing is a bike (to most here) is a toy/secondary vehicle, and one that can be written off in essentially a parking lot mishap. Although all situations are different, there are many these days that will finance something they can't afford at all, and either default on payments or pay the bike down, but end up paying a ton more than MSRP in the end. Also lots seem to not be able to keep anything long term, so people finance a bike over 5 years, then keep trading it in every 1-3 and sinking deeper and deeper with each purchase.

Everyone is different though...personally I hate loans and spending money I don't have, so none of my vehicles have ever been financed, even the car. Only 'loan' I have is my mortgage, as it would be almost impossible to buy anything these days cash-in-hand (esp first home) when it comes to housing. Even still, any extra I have goes back in to paying that one down as quickly as possible, as rates won't stay where they are now forever.

Good post. Basically you finance a necessity, not a toy or a hobby. Avoid loans unless they are also investments (a house).

Another thing to look keep in mind is, few can buy a ducati(new) with just cash, unless you got 25k of disposable income.

And im just not adventurous enough to buy a non japanese bike used.

Keep in mind i had a good score, and still didnt get approved for the bike I wanted (but the dealer was able to get me approved for a honda, since they have their own financing company)

In the end i didnt get the financing on the bike i wanted, and they wanted to finance me for something else, so i just said **** it, saved up and just bought with cash

Maybe in the future if i want to get approved, id be better off with a big downpayment( like 30-40 % of the bikes value )

Last edited:
I have a buddy coming from Hong Kong to take his M2 Exit as well (he was here before and would like to keep his license intact). I've offered him my bike but both him and I are uncomfortable with the idea of him jumping straight to a liter bike (he hasn't ridden for a few years).

Hope those Kijiji ads and GTAExotic can pull through!

Back
Top Bottom