Rental bikes for M2 Exit? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rental bikes for M2 Exit?

2wzilla

Well this year I can do my M2 Exit. The problem is I no longer have my 02 SV650S as it crapped out on me and the engine seized (micro welded the pistons). So I sold it "as is". Not entirely my fault bough the SV650 used with high mileage and I was the 10th owner, unfortunately no one told me of it burning oil and engine needing valve adjustment, until it died on me.

Anyways I don't have a bike now and don't plan to get one for a bit since I'm still young (24) and my insurance will be pretty high for most 600 bikes, unless I go the Sport-Tourer way again. The thing is I don't want to loose my M2 and get my full M so that I can enjoy owning a bike in the future.

Here is the deal, where the hell can I rent a bike that won't bankrupt my pocket, since I heard few guys on here saying rental can go from $1-2K for pretty beat up bikes. Apparently my buddy was able to do his M2-Exit on a scooter at DriveTest center, I don't recall where he got his so called scooter but whatever.

Any suggestions? On what I should do when it comes to getting a bike from someone or somewhere?

Well this year I can do my M2 Exit. The problem is I no longer have my 02 SV650S as it crapped out on me and the engine seized (micro welded the pistons). So I sold it "as is". Not entirely my fault bough the SV650 used with high mileage and I was the 10th owner, unfortunately no one told me of it burning oil and engine needing valve adjustment, until it died on me.

Anyways I don't have a bike now and don't plan to get one for a bit since I'm still young (24) and my insurance will be pretty high for most 600 bikes, unless I go the Sport-Tourer way again. The thing is I don't want to loose my M2 and get my full M so that I can enjoy owning a bike in the future.

Here is the deal, where the hell can I rent a bike that won't bankrupt my pocket, since I heard few guys on here saying rental can go from $1-2K for pretty beat up bikes. Apparently my buddy was able to do his M2-Exit on a scooter at DriveTest center, I don't recall where he got his so called scooter but whatever.

Any suggestions? On what I should do when it comes to getting a bike from someone or somewhere?

Google or kijiji it, there are some people who will either lend you their bikes for the test/practice or...

some people even have scooters that you can do your m2 exit with.

Also your saying if you had done the valve adjustment, your engine would have been fine???

Gta exotics also rents bikes... Located in Oakville and close to the Oakville drive test

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There was a guy on Kijiji renting bikes for this purpose last year. The quality of the bikes and legitimacy of the insurance was questionable, but if it's only for a few hours to get the M2 exit out of the way, it might be worth checking to see if the ad is up.

Nevermind...I just checked.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ay/1068102121?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I don't think this is the same ad (although its apt to reappear), but this should fit the bill.

Google or kijiji it, there are some people who will either lend you their bikes for the test/practice or...

some people even have scooters that you can do your m2 exit with.

Also your saying if you had done the valve adjustment, your engine would have been fine???

Not entirely. For starters the bike was "Used and Abused" being the 10th owner didn't make it much better. I don't entirely believe the Valve Adjustment may have caused the cycle of destruction but it may have contributed to the engines ultimate death. Here is why I say so.

1. Me and Freakyguy put in oil and then 2 weeks later I went from Brampton to Wasaga with the day ending with me taking wrong exit and going Wasaga to Barrie to Brampton. As I came home I noticed some loud banging coming from the engine. (No this was not a loose chain, as I took it to Freakyguy, and haven't ridden in since). Freaky told me there is no oil. So what essentially was happening the engine seal was messed up or worn out causing the oil to be burned along with fuel, leading to engine running without oil for a bit.

2. The valves where never adjusted, again being the 10th owner and the bike having around 88K on it the engine was never touched, me and Freakeguy took the cover off and there was a clear indication this was the 1st time the cover came off, and as per manual it's recommended to do valve adjustments every 15K

Not to mention the rear piston was miss-firing, the rear I believe it was exhaust ran at 200+ F while the front rant at 400+ F.

So in the end it was probably few things that caused the engine to seize. It's unfortunate but what can you do.

I forgot to mention this other company in Burlington which i believe started last year

There rates were around $50/day but have since doubled

https://m.facebook.com/MotorcycleRentalToronto

Mackie's harley Davidson also rents Harley but not recommended for tests

Nice. But I can't rent from them, as they require you to be 25+ I will be 25 in end of December of 2017 only so that's a no go. Only reasonable bike I would be able to rent from them is Yamaha FJR1300, suck's they don't have something more nimble like the SV lol. Neh I would stay away from harley's as I can't ride cruisers as is, don't like the foot controls or the weight to be honest.

Gta exotics also rents bikes... Located in Oakville and close to the Oakville drive test

GTA Exotics seems nice, at least they got Ninja 650. But damn is that security deposit brutal. Oh well.

There was a guy on Kijiji renting bikes for this purpose last year. The quality of the bikes and legitimacy of the insurance was questionable, but if it's only for a few hours to get the M2 exit out of the way, it might be worth checking to see if the ad is up.

Nevermind...I just checked.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ay/1068102121?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I don't think this is the same ad (although its apt to reappear), but this should fit the bill.

Haha so I heard that some ad's are sketchy when it comes to the bike and insurance. I will ask one of my friends where he got the scooter and do it on that or see if I can borrow my other friends R3.

May as well just buy a bike for 1-2k like an older CBR125/250 and then sell it after the test. Or keep it insured and you will have continuous insurance so you don't lose time as we kno insuranc companies LOVE it when you have a lapse in insurance...

May as well just buy a bike for 1-2k like an older CBR125/250 and then sell it after the test. Or keep it insured and you will have continuous insurance so you don't lose time as we kno insuranc companies LOVE it when you have a lapse in insurance...

Eh, but it would cost even more then rental. I will probably have a fair gap in bike insurance lol but this is where the magical 650 S/T loop comes in. Buying and insuring an older CBR or a Ninja as I said would cost more and at this time I don't have the storage for a bike in the garage, partially why I had to sell my SV650S "as-is". If I had storage and wasn't being forced by my folks to sell it before winter I would have kept it and just gotten a new engine into it (or semi used one). With that said I had a ****** experience on a CBR250 RTA, this was my 1st bike and bamn March 12, 2016 I smacked a freaking VW SUV at Kennedy & Derry area at 2am, because the SUV decided to make an illegal "Left Turn" at the intersection on my Green light. Why I say illegal? Because the lights just turned green for everyone and everyone started moving until an idiot in VW decided to "**** it, let's run this red". And long story short my CBR was destroyed to *****. Thankfully wasn't my fault.

Anyways back on track, it's funny but a CBR is counted as a Sports bike and last time I called few insurances wanted still $2K for it, while my 02 SV650 costed me $1.8K and was much much much faster and bigger bike, so this is why I will probably try to ride that Sport-Touring 650CC gravy train until it gets killed by insurance companies. Haven't tried the Naked train yet, who knows maybe GSX-750 or FZ-07/09 (I doubt this will count as Naked truth, technically Yamaha has them listed as Sports lol)

Why the big rush? Can't you wait up to three years to go from M2 to full M after you're eligible?

dont they have motorcycle training schools there? Here in BC if you take a course they let you use one of their bikes on the road test.
Here, you can have a full motorcycle license in a month. We have a similar graduated license program and it does take 3 yrs to get out of it but
you only have to do it once. So if you already did it in a car you do not have to do it on a bike you can go from no motorcycle license to full license
in 30 days.

There are schools here that do the M2 exit (to full M) but you are required to supply your own licensed and insured motorcycle since the course includes actual road riding.

For the beginner (M1 to M2) courses The facilities typically do include use of a motorcycle, however you are on a closed course the entire time therefore they are not burdened by insurance issues.

The graduated licensing program for motorcycles here takes a minimum of 18 months to graduate to a full class M license – longer if you don't take the recognized training courses.

You have 5 years from the time you got your M2 so you don't have to get it this year!

sux about the schools. Here they provide a road ready / licensed / insured bike for you to use during the course. And looking at the Ontario license requirements, (MTO)
you have to go thru graduated license twice? (G1 G2 M1 M2) if so, sux to be in Ontario :)

Not entirely. For starters the bike was "Used and Abused" being the 10th owner didn't make it much better. I don't entirely believe the Valve Adjustment may have caused the cycle of destruction but it may have contributed to the engines ultimate death. Here is why I say so.

1. Me and Freakyguy put in oil and then 2 weeks later I went from Brampton to Wasaga with the day ending with me taking wrong exit and going Wasaga to Barrie to Brampton. As I came home I noticed some loud banging coming from the engine. (No this was not a loose chain, as I took it to Freakyguy, and haven't ridden in since). Freaky told me there is no oil. So what essentially was happening the engine seal was messed up or worn out causing the oil to be burned along with fuel, leading to engine running without oil for a bit.

2. The valves where never adjusted, again being the 10th owner and the bike having around 88K on it the engine was never touched, me and Freakeguy took the cover off and there was a clear indication this was the 1st time the cover came off, and as per manual it's recommended to do valve adjustments every 15K

Not to mention the rear piston was miss-firing, the rear I believe it was exhaust ran at 200+ F while the front rant at 400+ F.

So in the end it was probably few things that caused the engine to seize. It's unfortunate but what can you do.

wow...thats the problem with 'as is' bikes....im guessing you didnt have it inspected by frekeguy BEFORE purchasing it?(as i did with my'n?)
Sometimes its worth paying a little bit extra to make sure the bike will be in decent condition..

Theres a reason so many bikes go on sale around 20-30k...right around the time the valve adjustment comes up...people are so ****ing lazy/cheap, they'd rather put her up on sale rather than do the only expensive maintenance item the bike will ever need

When i bought the bike, frekeguy asked if the owner had done the valve service...he ofcourse said yeah...but then frekeguy said its obvious the engine had never been opened..after which the seller reluctantly admitted "Well the owner BEFORE me said he had it done" but clearly it had never been done...so i went in eyes wide open knowing there might be some expenses coming up...just this past month i had frekeguy do the valve adjustment (granted its a much newer bike, and way fewer miles, but still better to get regular maintenance done, especially since this is the only one that costs money, rest is just easy and cheap)

you have to go thru graduated license twice? (G1 G2 M1 M2) if so, sux to be in Ontario :)

It's a positive thing from my perspective. Driving a car gives zero experience as to the realities of bikes, so if BC decides to just fast track motorcycle riders who have already completed graduated driving in a car, IMHO they're doing new motorcycle riders a disservice in the end as they're fast tracking through a system that might otherwise save their ***.

The only restrictions for M1/M2 in Ontario is no booze in your system under either, and no night riding or high-speed highways for M1. The more "cumbersome" M1 restrictions only last a matter of weeks until one gets their M2 anyways, and then (IMHO) the no BAC for the duration of your M2 isn't a bad thing. Hell, IMHO having any BAC while riding a motorcycle is crazy no matter what class of licence you have.

dont they have motorcycle training schools there? Here in BC if you take a course they let you use one of their bikes on the road test.
Here, you can have a full motorcycle license in a month. We have a similar graduated license program and it does take 3 yrs to get out of it but
you only have to do it once. So if you already did it in a car you do not have to do it on a bike you can go from no motorcycle license to full license
in 30 days.

It's different here in ON.

M1 is valid for 90 days. However you must wait 10 days before doing M1 Exit
M2 is valid for 5 years. However you can do your M2 Exit after 22 months.

M1 you essentially get school supplies motorcycles, for M2 Exit it's your own or rental bike.

Back
Top Bottom