Look out - new Hyosung 250 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Look out - new Hyosung 250

Hyosung has no marketing and no dealer network. That would be a start but clearly they haven't learned.
Maybe they have no network in N America. In asia it probably has a good network. Who knows. People don't play with money like that, I have a feeling they are trying their best

I wonder how many we'll see blowing up and how long it'll take...what an ugly *** can though, hideous. The fact that it makes less power than the Ninja 250 which was introduced in the late 80's also makes me go wtf :confused::confused:

I wonder how many we'll see blowing up and how long it'll take...what an ugly *** can though, hideous. The fact that it makes less power than the Ninja 250 which was introduced in the late 80's also makes me go wtf :confused::confused:

I dunno if that's a good example. The old EX250 also makes a handful more hp than the newest ones. Usually it's emissions

I dunno if that's a good example. The old EX250 also makes a handful more hp than the newest ones. Usually it's emissions

it's 2 cylinders. You get a bit more torque out of the thumper but for what it is it still makes for a boring bike. The 250 singles flatten out at about 10k rpms whereas the Ninja is just getting into its powerband. Makes for a much better hwy ride and just overall fun machine.

it's 2 cylinders. You get a bit more torque out of the thumper but for what it is it still makes for a boring bike. The 250 singles flatten out at about 10k rpms whereas the Ninja is just getting into its powerband. Makes for a much better hwy ride and just overall fun machine.

As far as I'm aware the newest Ninja 250R's sold in Canada (2012 year I believe) were still 2 cylinders. They replaced it with the Ninja 300 for 2013, I think. The 250R is still sold in some markets but it's still 2 cylinders. The Ninja 250SL is a single also sold in other markets but it replaces a 150cc 2 stroke model called Ninja ZX-150RR that we never got. This is all based on Wikipedia information, anyway.

The Honda offerings are singles but that's got nothing to do with the EX250.

Oh right, keep forgetting about that. I wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the matter, but the only singles I've ever ridden (poorly) were dirtbikes.

*looks in classifieds for SRX600*

Oh right, keep forgetting about that. I wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the matter, but the only singles I've ever ridden (poorly) were dirtbikes.

I also find my single to be quite fun. But it's a 2 stroke so different beast. When it's not blown, that is. Which is pretty much all the time for the last 2 seasons :( .

I got SRX600 lust after watching this vid shot @ Motegi:

[video=youtube;CBWT9ChJ2jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWT9ChJ2jc[/video]

But that went away as soon as I got to sit on one. It is the tiniest, narrowest bike ever. Almost feels like you're sitting on a CBR125 (and the SRX's seat is actually lower than the CBR's)

...But that went away as soon as I got to sit on one. It is the tiniest, narrowest bike ever. Almost feels like you're sitting on a CBR125 (and the SRX's seat is actually lower than the CBR's)
Sounds exactly like a bike I would like.

Now they've ridden it against a CBR300R: http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2017-honda-cbr300r-vs-hyosung-gd250r

It did a lot better than I would have expected. I'm not sure that I would agree that the Hyosung looks better than the Honda, but I'm not wearing my glasses ATM. (Disclaimer: I am not partial to motorcycle.com, I think they do a lot of lazy press release journalism)

But that went away as soon as I got to sit on one. It is the tiniest, narrowest bike ever. Almost feels like you're sitting on a CBR125 (and the SRX's seat is actually lower than the CBR's)

Bah. Being 6'1" ruins a lot of perfectly good motorcycles for me

Back
Top Bottom