Look out - new Hyosung 250 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Look out - new Hyosung 250

Reviewer complains about its race-bike setup, a clunky transmission and assembly quality. I find 62mpg disgraceful for a 250cc in this day and age. If the price is right and the insurance companies are good with it I could see it selling. Not sure how good the product support is though.

This is strange. I was hoping this would be the Hyundai story of the motorcycle world. Previous gen 250 would be the Pony. This new one should be on par with the Accent at a minimum. I hope it's just a review bias tho not likely considering the high journalistic standards we enjoy today. Have been quietly rooting for the South Koreans long time.

@inreb I think this Hyosung is more on par with the Excel, the Pony's successor. They are a long way off from being a 2 wheeled Accent.

Sent from the Purple Zone

@inreb I think this Hyosung is more on par with the Excel, the Pony's successor. They are a long way off from being a 2 wheeled Accent.

@ Joe. I'll have you know the Accent is no slouch. And I said "at a minimum" They rated the Hyosung so low it didn't even meet the minimum standard I set. That's the kind South Korean cheerleader I am. What kind are you? And howcum you didn't comment on the seat height? Isn't that your area of expertise? You are excused.

@inreb seat height is of no consequence as riding position is so aggressive. Also, one should take note that one of Hyosung's selling points was that the physical size of their 250 of yore was similar to that of the Japanese 600s. The new bike is smaller in size. Not sure if that was the right move. And let's stop comparing to Hyundai and start using Kia. I think that is better.
I also miss Joe Isuzu, but not Korean.

@Bass, Joe

There is a consequence to everything, even your unbridled aggression. We're talking motor, albeit South Korean, bikes here not kamasutra. Take a cold shower. Please.

Last edited:
@Bass, Joe

There is a consequence to everything, even your unbridled aggression. We're talking motor, albeit South Korean, bikes here not kamasutra. Take a cold shower. Please.
no kidding

Good for Hyosung for not giving up. I had a chance to ride their naked 250 years back and it wasn't awful, especially for the price. And yes, the old 250's were physically similar to Japanese 600's in size. The 250 felt very much like the SV650 of the day as far as size went. If they keep up the R&D I'm sure someday they will build an honestly descent bike, but probably nothing more than descent.

The gt250r was actually my first bike; bought brand new from that dealer that closed a couple years back in Vaughn.

It was a pretty good bike, no issues, decent power, killer looks in my eyes ( compared to the honda), etc.

Its let down was parts availability ( everything needed to be orderd online) and the resale value was downright awful ( 1 year olds selling for 50% of original value)

Last edited:
I think it was awful, esp for the price! Sucked a lot of first time buyers in and then broke with little or no support system.

That being said I did have a Hyundai mid 80s, said I'd never do it again and currently own a 2011 Santa Fe. Bought new and have been delighted with it.

Hopefully Hyosung got their **** together, and if so they may be able to recover.

And yes, I've had loads of experience with first gen Hyos, company has been a piece of crap so far (imo) right from the launch

Another issue with the Hyosung is resale - their value disappears faster than a cupcake at a weight watchers convention.

^ hilarious analogy....

Most ww peeps know it ain't worth the points.

Stock up on extra camshafts.

I wanted to title the thread "Hold on to your camshafts - new Hyosung 250" but that's taking it off the rails from the start

Good for Hyosung for not giving up. I had a chance to ride their naked 250 years back and it wasn't awful, especially for the price. And yes, the old 250's were physically similar to Japanese 600's in size. The 250 felt very much like the SV650 of the day as far as size went. If they keep up the R&D I'm sure someday they will build an honestly descent bike, but probably nothing more than descent.

Not giving up? They committed a suicide. I doubt anyone will even look at those now after what happened.
Back in the day there was only the Ninja 250 to compete with and Hyosung didn't even try to compete.

I am sure they could reach the level of Hyundai. How many years did it take them?

Hyosung has been in the market for how many years?

It is pretty good looking but it's sad that my 27 year old honda vtr250 that carburated makes more power and gets similar mileage.

I am sure they could reach the level of Hyundai. How many years did it take them?

Hyosung has been in the market for how many years?

Not all Hys are created equal. Time will tell, I suppose.

move on ppl, spend your money on proven brikes/brands

Hyosung had all the time in the world to copy the best features from the other brands and provide a solid product to the market instead they offered mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom