Workshop/Space to rent short term. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Workshop/Space to rent short term.

ANDRASTA

Just wondering if anyone knows of a place that rents small spaces that can be used as a workshop/Work space? It would only need to be short term.

Does not have to have to be very big as its only for 1 or 2 motorcycles. I have looked on Kijiji and other places to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

You can rent a 5x10/10x10/10x20 from any storage place for as short as a month

Most storage places, will have a clause that you can't "work" on vehicles, on the property, and some insist that any vehicles stored inside have to have flammable liquids removed. I would say it may be helpful if you posted what area your looking for, (no sense someone advising of a place in Hamilton if your in Scarborough..lol) Also post what is "short term" to you, are you looking for a coupe of weeks? coupe of months? a year? Remember many commercial property owners usually rent for 5+ years, so 1 year is short term to them.

Only other suggestion I would have is go to a more "industrial type area" that has lots of auto repair shops, or manufacturing businesses. Look for small places that may have a for rent sign. May be you have to say your looking for a spot to store the bike as opposed to advising you want to work on it as well. Some property owners "may" consider short term, (especially if place has been vacant for a longer time). You will likely have to include payments for utilities, to landlord as opposed to opening an account for short term, commercial accounts pay differently than residential.
Just wondering if anyone knows of a place that rents small spaces that can be used as a workshop/Work space? It would only need to be short term.

Does not have to have to be very big as its only for 1 or 2 motorcycles. I have looked on Kijiji and other places to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

My-storage.ca has workshop spaces available for month-to-month billing. Heated floors, your own breaker panel and outlets. They have several locations. I rent a large space from them up by the airport and it is like my second home.

My-storage.ca has workshop spaces available for month-to-month billing. Heated floors, your own breaker panel and outlets. They have several locations. I rent a large space from them up by the airport and it is like my second home.

That sounds like a cool idea. Their website isn't great. How much is it approximately?

Last edited:
A lot of people come in for a month, do their project, and get out. Some stick around.

I had a 10x20 workshop for $350/month, plus about $15-$20/month for hydro. I don't have a garage where I can work on my stuff, so this is perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom