Las vegas area | GTAMotorcycle.com

Las vegas area

joey12jet

Hi gtamers,

I need help/suggestions for las vegas tour. I want to surprise the misus for a 3 to 5 days trip to vegas as wedding aniversary.

Are there any good roads around or outside vegas if I rent a bike there? For 1 or 2 days ride.

I ride a sportsbike here in gta but im planning to rent a tourer or maybe cruiser for this trip with misus on the back. Will I have any problem with cruiser/sports tourer?

We are not into gambling but id like to see some entertainment like magic shows etc. Are there any alternative for vegas with good cruising roads around the area?

Thanks a lot.

Joey

Ps: im looking at around first week of march. Will the weather there be ok to cruise?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I went last year mid April and weather was great- mid 20's. I reckon weather will be fine in early March.
You have to do the Valley of Fire route, it's a 3-4 hour loop through a state park that literally looks like Mars. Amazing ride.

I also rode up Mount Charleston which is 30 mins outside of town. Could be nippily at the top that time of year but if you dress for it then that's a nice half day ride as well.
You can also check out Hoover Dam.

If you're looking for multi day rides then head into Death Valley ( March is actually a good time to visit - not scorching hot ) or head the other way towards the Grand Canyon.

Check out motorcycleroads.com

ive ridden Harley's and Indians in vegas and also grabbed a Triumph Tiger on my last trip, Eagle Rider has a couple of locations to choose from. If I had my way then I'd be on my Ducati out there, but two-wheels and an engine does the trick in the desert ;)

I went last year mid April and weather was great- mid 20's. I reckon weather will be fine in early March.
You have to do the Valley of Fire route, it's a 3-4 hour loop through a state park that literally looks like Mars. Amazing ride.

I also rode up Mount Charleston which is 30 mins outside of town. Could be nippily at the top that time of year but if you dress for it then that's a nice half day ride as well.
You can also check out Hoover Dam.

If you're looking for multi day rides then head into Death Valley ( March is actually a good time to visit - not scorching hot ) or head the other way towards the Grand Canyon.

Check out motorcycleroads.com

ive ridden Harley's and Indians in vegas and also grabbed a Triumph Tiger on my last trip, Eagle Rider has a couple of locations to choose from. If I had my way then I'd be on my Ducati out there, but two-wheels and an engine does the trick in the desert ;)
Thank u for your input. I like the valley of fire that u mentioned. Grand canon looks good as well. Is 1 day good enough for grand canon? Or is it better if we camp there?

HAve you seen the TV show called motorcycle experience on TSN? Anyway the did a few episodes last season on the Vegas area. They used Vegas as their base and did day trips at interesting locations. They even mentioned where they rented their bikes from. They went to places mentioned above and some other not well known ones. It's very informative. They mention the distance, time, best roads etc...

Check out their youtube channel I believe they Vegas trip episodes are their most recent ones. 3 months ago.

http://motorcycleexperience.ca/

HAve you seen the TV show called motorcycle experience on TSN? Anyway the did a few episodes last season on the Vegas area. They used Vegas as their base and did day trips at interesting locations. They even mentioned where they rented their bikes from. They went to places mentioned above and some other not well known ones. It's very informative. They mention the distance, time, best roads etc...

Check out their youtube channel I believe they Vegas trip episodes are their most recent ones. 3 months ago.

http://motorcycleexperience.ca/
Ok thanks. Ill look them up

Red Rock. Close to Vegas, true desert experience, twisty road going through the park.

Thank u for your input. I like the valley of fire that u mentioned. Grand canon looks good as well. Is 1 day good enough for grand canon? Or is it better if we camp there?

Sent from my SM

The Grand Canyon is about 9 hours from Vegas.
Riding there and back and a few hours to experience it would mean leaving before dawn and not getting back until the wee hours.
If you go the other way to Utah to see Zion and Bryce Canyon would mean the same thing.
I think Utah would still be quite cold in March.

The Grand Canyon is about 9 hours from Vegas.

It's a great run though if you can manage the time, or do it over more than 1 day.

If you go the other way to Utah to see Zion and Bryce Canyon would mean the same thing.
I think Utah would still be quite cold in March.

Zion is awesome as well.

I did my trip in February and it was chilly at night and we did run into some snow when getting close to the Grand Canyon.

An extra month later though could be golden, warmer yet but not scorching.

Bad news. It turns out that they require full license on bike rental. I cant get m exit until 2nd week of march or so. I guess ill be renting a car instead. But ill definitely look at the suggested routes. Thanks

Were you looking at Eagle Rider Las Vegas or BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas?

I've rented from BMW before, they accepted my M2.

Also, there was a thread a couple weeks back about someone renting from Eagle Rider (SoCal, I think. Not Vegas). Although the web site stated you need a full M, he called the rental place itself and they said M2 was fine. Worth checking out.

Always best to call.

Were you looking at Eagle Rider Las Vegas or BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas?

I've rented from BMW before, they accepted my M2.

Also, there was a thread a couple weeks back about someone renting from Eagle Rider (SoCal, I think. Not Vegas). Although the web site stated you need a full M, he called the rental place itself and they said M2 was fine. Worth checking out.

Always best to call.
Ok ill try to get in touch with bmw motorcycles of las vegas. I hope they still allow m2. Thanks

I also rented from Eagle Rider in Sedona AZ and they only needed an M2. I didn't check their website, I called and asked.

I've been to Vegas a couple of times. The Grand Canyon is not 9 hrs from Vegas. GC national park is what they call the South Rim and is like 4-5 hours from LV and you get there by going through Kingman Arizona. The West Rim is 2-3 hrs and is located on the Hualapai Indian Reservation. Both are really cool. The West Rim has the sky walk & the South Rim has better overall vistas. Vegas will be comfortable for riding in March, just might be a bit cool in the evening.

I also rented from Eagle Rider in Sedona AZ and they only needed an M2. I didn't check their website, I called and asked.
I didnt just look at their website. I sent them an email.

Here is the reply.

Jonathan,

Our insurance does require a full license regardless of experience. The F800 GS would require a full license. I only have a Vespa that can be rented on a restricted license. I am sorry that this is the rule. The Canadian license system is a common issue we deal with in rentals, as this comes up often. I will check again with our insurance company but I am fairly confident that they have not changed their position.

This is from euro cycle rental. I dont know if they are the same as bmw of las vegas or not. But the guy's email is dfinnerty@bmwoflasvegas.com

I rode a Harley through them and it was also my first time riding a bike like that. Once it got moving it was easy and didn't take long to get used to.
They may also have non-harley type bikes or mid sized touring bikes.

I rode a Harley through them and it was also my first time riding a bike like that. Once it got moving it was easy and didn't take long to get used to.
They may also have non-harley type bikes or mid sized touring bikes.
I just checked their rental bikes. I think sportster 1200 would be Ok for me. Its less than 600 lbs.

I just checked their rental bikes. I think sportster 1200 would be Ok for me. Its less than 600 lbs.

The web site for Eaglerider in Vegas has BMW and Honda rentals too.

Some nice options to choose from.

I have a Sportster. Great bike but if I was renting something for out there it would be either a touring rig or a sport touring machine.

A Sportster would be down the list of choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi gtamers,

I need help/suggestions for las vegas tour. I want to surprise the misus for a 3 to 5 days trip to vegas as wedding aniversary.

Are there any good roads around or outside vegas if I rent a bike there? For 1 or 2 days ride.

I ride a sportsbike here in gta but im planning to rent a tourer or maybe cruiser for this trip with misus on the back. Will I have any problem with cruiser/sports tourer?

We are not into gambling but id like to see some entertainment like magic shows etc. Are there any alternative for vegas with good cruising roads around the area?

Thanks a lot.

Joey

Ps: im looking at around first week of march. Will the weather there be ok to cruise?

That sounds like a lot of fun joey12jet.

Ive always wanted to cruise around to some of areas where Easy Rider was shot. Found this website http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/e/Easy_Rider.html#.WJ_MKZHEihD listing all the locations. Never made it outside of Lost Wages proper when we were there ages ago. Would love to see some of that scenery and no better way than on a bike.

But being on my M2 still limits rental possibilities. Would love to have my own bike and I understand that Air Canada will fly your bike down on the same flight you're on. Toronto-Vancouver one way was just over $600 about 2 years ago, so it's not exactly cheap. But depending on the length of your trip and planned mileage, it could turn out to be cheaper than a rental.

Good luck with the trip and post pics.

Im still dreaming and putting away the loonies.

cheers,
EZTRGT
Kyle

Back
Top Bottom