Racer5 BYOB for the intro program? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racer5 BYOB for the intro program?

Aqueeb

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys know if Racer5 allows you to bring your own bike for the stage 1-3 courses?

Can anyone also vouch for them? I've left them a message through their contact us form and also called today and left a VM but haven't heard back. Am I calling completely off season?

Thx,
Aqueeb.

For the course you use their bikes only I believe.

Start on the 125's and have the option to progress to the 250's, and the 600 (at their discretion) over the 3 days.

FAST allows you to BYOB for all stages.

Last edited:
I don't believe you're allowed to bring a bike of your own, or upgrade as the weekend goes on.
You ride the 125's, which are great for your first track weekend ever.

Basically, don't put the cart and ego before the horse. I thought I was a decent rider and scoffed a bit at the 125's to begin with. Then I realized how slow/poor I actually was.

Surprised that Racer5 hasn't gotten back to you yet - they're usually pretty quick about it. They run a class act.

Oh man! I wanted to bring my own bike...damn...FAST is 248 kms (one way) from my home. Racer5 on the other hand is only 173 kms (one way) :)

How DO you guys do this???

But in all seriousness, I just wanted to get a good feel for my new bike before I do track days. I'm an extremely inexperienced rider (not even one full season) and before I do track days, I wanted to get some professional instruction. I've done the RTI course and that was really good, but that felt like I was just scratching the surface. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and do the bike rental if I want to do Racer5. :(

For the course you use their bikes only I believe.

Start on the 125's and have the option to progress to the 250's, and the 600 (at their discretion) over the 3 days.

FAST allows you to BYOB for all stages.

Thx for the advice...it's not an ego thing...it's saving money on the rental thing :)

I don't believe you're allowed to bring a bike of your own, or upgrade as the weekend goes on.
You ride the 125's, which are great for your first track weekend ever.

Basically, don't put the cart and ego before the horse. I thought I was a decent rider and scoffed a bit at the 125's to begin with. Then I realized how slow/poor I actually was.

Surprised that Racer5 hasn't gotten back to you yet - they're usually pretty quick about it. They run a class act.

Oh wait...I think I read racer5's website wrong...the bike rental is included in the price (or at least I think so reading it a second time). Hopefully they'll get back to me soon and I can confirm.

Oh man! I wanted to bring my own bike...damn...FAST is 248 kms (one way) from my home. Racer5 on the other hand is only 173 kms (one way) :)

But in all seriousness, I just wanted to get a good feel for my new bike before I do track days. I'm an extremely inexperienced rider (not even one full season) and before I do track days, I wanted to get some professional instruction. I've done the RTI course and that was really good, but that felt like I was just scratching the surface. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and do the bike rental if I want to do Racer5. :(

125cc bikes were a blast at the Racer5. By the 3rd day, we were taking turns faster in the RAIN than I had ever done on the road.

It's a good thing going to track school before you develop stupid habits that are very difficult to break. What you learn on the 125cc will be adaptable to your street bike.

You're nickle and diming on KM distance to the tracks. If you're spending the entire weekend there camping at the track, what's the extra 45 mins to one vs. the other? Go to the course that suits you best. Also keep in mind, learning track riding is more difficult on bigger faster bikes, so that might actually go against you if your street bike is fast.

G.B. is 190km and Shannonville is 275km for me from Hamilton. I go to Shannonville for club racing and occasionally Grand Bend. Everyone has to drive far.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys know if Racer5 allows you to bring your own bike for the stage 1-3 courses?

Can anyone also vouch for them? I've left them a message through their contact us form and also called today and left a VM but haven't heard back. Am I calling completely off season?

Thx,
Aqueeb.
I have 4 friends taking the racer 5 course in may and 3 that took it last year

You can only ride the 125 they provide over the course of the 3 days... But it's more than enough

Racer 5 will be at the motorcycle show next week... Great opportunity to sit on the bike and ask any questions you may have

Gear rental is $50/day.... You bring your own helmet

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wonder if Fawaz changed it up.
When i last spoke to him (mind you it was over a year ago), he mentioned that on the second day, if one was deemed proficient, they would allow them to use the 250's.

I wonder if Fawaz changed it up.
When i last spoke to him (mind you it was over a year ago), he mentioned that on the second day, if one was deemed proficient, they would allow them to use the 250's.
Not anymore, plus you cant do single days anymore...have to take the full 3 day program

Asking Fawaz, would probably be the wisest advise you will get in this thread.

Or just go to Shannonville if you really want to take your bike.

Was reading this thread out of curiosity.

In all honesty, I've always thought that motorcycle racing was effing crazy. I still cringe at any Isle of Man footage. Purely insane.

But after seeing this thread and checking out their website, it sounds like a lot of fun. And at the very least will add to my noob skill level even though I ride a cruiser and haven't really any desire to get a sport bike - though I am interested in at least trying one. Was too busy to try one during the RTI course.

Two things I'm unclear on tho? Does the $999 sale price or $1200 regular price cover stages 1 through 3? Or is it per stage?

And do courses like these help with insurance discounts? I know it's track riding but it also trains better operator skill.

Cheers,
EZTRGT
Kyle

Two things I'm unclear on tho? Does the $999 sale price or $1200 regular price cover stages 1 through 3? Or is it per stage?

Cheers,
EZTRGT
Kyle

Price includes all 3 stages

Pre season price is $899 I believe

Was reading this thread out of curiosity.

In all honesty, I've always thought that motorcycle racing was effing crazy. I still cringe at any Isle of Man footage. Purely insane.

I race motorcycles and think the guys that race the Isle of Man and those types of tracks are crazy.

So I spoke to Fawaz from Racer5 today. Details below:-
Stages 1 - 3 cost $899.00 + HST = $1015.87 total (this INCLUDES the bike rental, so I was worrying for nought)
Gear rental = $50 / day + HST = $150 (for three days) + HST = $169.50 (you will need this unless you have one piece leather or two piece w/360 zipper, with CE level rated armour, CE level rated back protector, proper racing boots, gauntlet style gloves)
February 28th is the cut off date to get the $899 deal (but Fawaz told me that they are already sold out for June, and they only have 8 or 10 can't remember, spots available for May 12-14. I wanted this so I just registered today.
You don't have to pay the full amount up front...you can pay 50% of the entire amount as a deposit (in my case $1015.87 + $169.50 divide by 2).

Fawaz also said that they offer the rental money ($150) back as a credit to purchase the actual riding gear from them.

Disclaimer:- This is how I understood it, please confirm everything I have said with Fawaz at Racer5.

Hope this helps everyone!

Price includes all 3 stages

Pre season price is $899 I believe

FAST used to allow you to bring your own bike. Not sure if they still do.

I think it's a good thing that you're taking a course first. However, if you just want to get on track for less money there's nothing to stop you from doing so and taking the course at a later time.
I recommend Pro6 track days. They are well organized and will guide you around the track for the first couple of sessions and as many times as you need after. They also have a riding course this year.

Either way, good luck and have fun!

If you wreck their bike do you have to pay a penalty? I'd rather learn on a bike I'm paying to rent but don't have to worry if I drop it. Kind of like the first RTI course I took. I would not have wanted to have my own bike at that unless it was a beat up old dirtbike or something.

Back
Top Bottom