Ironic | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ironic

Real fur is a renewable resource. Synthetics often require petroleum based products which as we know are non-renewable and create significant amounts of pollution. Animals don't need to be farmed for their fur, they can be hunted/trapped which Ontario law requires the meat is not allowed to spoil. Even farms don't waste the carcass after the fur is removed, they are sent to rendering plants to be used in dog food etc. Personally I say to each there own, but there is a lot of misinformation when it comes to the fur industry.

Biodegradeable polymers have been round for donkey's years. This needn't be an issue. I don't think special forces use fur on any garments and they need to cope with extreme conditions. There's plenty of alternatives that don't involve what really amounts to animal cruelty. If I can avoid it and it's not necessary for the function of the article I'm kind of confused why anyone would actually choose to go for the crueler option. I just bought myself a parka that was on sale, original price was about that of a Canada Goose jacket and the thing is incredibly warm. It has synthetic fur trim and supposedly ethically sourced down filling.

Biodegradeable polymers have been round for donkey's years. This needn't be an issue. I don't think special forces use fur on any garments and they need to cope with extreme conditions. There's plenty of alternatives that don't involve what really amounts to animal cruelty. If I can avoid it and it's not necessary for the function of the article I'm kind of confused why anyone would actually choose to go for the crueler option. I just bought myself a parka that was on sale, original price was about that of a Canada Goose jacket and the thing is incredibly warm. It has synthetic fur trim and supposedly ethically sourced down filling.

What country was your parka made in?

Is that why the woman in the middle of the pic is thought bubbling "howcum nobody wants to pound on my beaver"?
Her beaver got pounded, alright. I'm sure that was part of getting famous
How is the static on those?

http://westcomb.com/

So does Canada goose use farmed or hunted fur?
I can tell you lots of coyotes get hunted just for fun

Friend married a PITA.. I mean PETA. Nutjob came with a wiener. Winning for the wildlife went out the window when the wiener got mauled; coyote ugly

Ethical down apparently....non live plucked. Did you know many company's pluck the down from living birds?

People Eating Tasty Animals.

via Tapatalk

Maybe it's the one she was donating. Still weird though...someone had to buy it in the first place. ...or was it given to her?

As you see from Lightcycle's post above, it was a gift

That being said, I do not support peta and recommend that people do not donate a penny. Return their media back in their supplied envelopes so they have to pay for postage. Not because of this issue (this is one of the few times I've been in agreement with them), but rather because of their practice of killing adoptable pets, stealing people's pets and killing them and spending more money on raising money than they do on actually treating animals well.

I find the use of an animal solely for its fur to be immoral, use every bit of the animal or don't use it.

As for coyotes being pests, as we encroach further into the wilds with our subdivisions and put our livestock and pets out in harms way we will have incidents. It is us who are the pests.

In fur ranching the carcass gets used in a variety of ways, pet foods, industrial rendering plants, sent to feed other ranched animals. In trapped furs the carcass feeds other coyotes, ravens, vultures, fox and anything else that has a scavenger diet. It depends on your perspective of what is waste.

I have no issue with PETA and the message they have. I do have an issue when they release 1000 chinchillas into the fields around the 'ranch' because they think they are setting them free, not decimating the local environment. Sometime celebrities get to hold attention because they are celebrity not because they have a clue.

$600?? They're more like $800+!

They're status symbols. The fad will die out soon enough. (No Harley jokes please!)

Granted, they are well-made and it's pretty much an all-Canadian business and I commend their success for what they are. But do you really need to advertise that you spent $1K on a coat? Apparently so.

And why is the woman protesting while wearing one of their jackets?

I have one and the matching snow pants but work paid for it, I used it for an outdoor installation in Northwest Territories in the winter, and I took off the fur because it's not my look and it wasn't that windy. That said, I'd rather see fur be worn and used than disposed of if the animal has already been killed. If I throw out the jacket or the fur that doesn't bring the coyote back to life.

Also, there are places where coyotes are hunted just to keep the populations down. I'd rather seem at least part of them get used.

Ethical down apparently....non live plucked. Did you know many company's pluck the down from living birds?
I would be against that but I am not for people who thinks any wearing of fur is bad. I have a feeling that Canada Goose doesn't skin their coyotes alive.

Coyotes are hunted for fun in Canada because they are considered pest. Sad, I know but that's just the way it is.

I wonder how many people here would enjoy stepping into a leg trap while out for a hike and being stuck there in agony for perhaps days until someone came along and shot you.

Real humane!

Back
Top Bottom