Ironic | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ironic

klr_guy

Site Supporter
6tpmqvl.jpg

We have a 400 yr history of trapping and fur trade, its a industry for first nations people. And the egg production business could be seen as ugly, beef, pork, sheep production and processing could be seen as ugly. Ok so wear no leather, or fur, or down and eat vegetarian . Nice for you. Put a company like Canada Goose on the ropes so the 100 people gainfully employed sewing jackets need to go somewhere else. That's selfish and mean. PETA is mean.

We also used to have a history of burning witches and stoning people. I eat meat and wear leather but in doing so I understand that all parts of the animal are at least useful. Where I draw the line is where an animal is raised for the sole purpose of providing a vanity trim to someone's 600 dollar jacket when there's perfectly fine synthetic fur available and the real fur adds nothing. Sorry but that's just a little too far for me.

We also used to have a history of burning witches and stoning people. I eat meat and wear leather but in doing so I understand that all parts of the animal are at least useful. Where I draw the line is where an animal is raised for the sole purpose of providing a vanity trim to someone's 600 dollar jacket when there's perfectly fine synthetic fur available and the real fur adds nothing. Sorry but that's just a little too far for me.

$600?? They're more like $800+!

They're status symbols. The fad will die out soon enough. (No Harley jokes please!)

Granted, they are well-made and it's pretty much an all-Canadian business and I commend their success for what they are. But do you really need to advertise that you spent $1K on a coat? Apparently so.

And why is the woman protesting while wearing one of their jackets?

Last edited:
PETA is a cult and a scam.

I don't know these people yet but I'm not liking what I seen so far. Throw another shrimp on the barbie.

Coyotes are hunted because it's a pest. It is better to make use of the fur somewhat.

Real fur is far more superior to faux fur. I don't mind wearing fur from animals that are humanely killed

Real fur is a renewable resource. Synthetics often require petroleum based products which as we know are non-renewable and create significant amounts of pollution. Animals don't need to be farmed for their fur, they can be hunted/trapped which Ontario law requires the meat is not allowed to spoil. Even farms don't waste the carcass after the fur is removed, they are sent to rendering plants to be used in dog food etc. Personally I say to each there own, but there is a lot of misinformation when it comes to the fur industry.

1st world problems
what next, don't use the feathers because it hurts the geese?

SJW's with free time and parents money to burn.
Tell them go help at the food bank or homeless shelter, might as well be productive. lol

$600?? They're more like $800+!

They're status symbols. The fad will die out soon enough. (No Harley jokes please!)

Granted, they are well-made and it's pretty much an all-Canadian business and I commend their success for what they are. But do you really need to advertise that you spent $1K on a coat? Apparently so.

The same could be said about anything. Why buy a $1000 Arai when you can buy a $200 HJC? Or a $3000 Dainese suit when you can buy a $700 Joe Rocket?

Quality is not cheap.

I have three CG jackets, the oldest is 7 years old and it's still holding up. I work mainly outdoors so for me, it's a good investment.

and it's pretty much an all-Canadian business

They sold a majority stake of the company to US Bain Capital.

I have one, and I bought my wife one, and they're very high quality - and the lifetime warranty is nice insurance. However, I only bought them as my best friend works there, and I'm able to buy them at 1/3 of msrp.

Considering the average person on the street would not know the difference between a Arai & HJC helmets or Dainese & Joe Rocket gear.

I got a great deal on a Dainese jacket; $400.00 tax-in for a $700.00 jacket. That's all safety gear; not strictly status. I don't begrudge anyone who spends extra $$ on it.

Everyone knows Canada Goose and it never goes on sale.

I don't like trapping...
I saw an animal caught in a trap once... It was badly injured but alive... We shot it.

I don't like trapping...
I saw an animal caught in a trap once... It was badly injured but alive... We shot it.

Overall, that sounds like a bad experience.

BTW the woman in the front of the pic wearing the coyote-fur-trimmed coat is Maggie Q. She appears to be quite adept at using her sexuality and her (probably) fur-trimmed half-naked body to sell her image!

BTW the woman in the front of the pic wearing the coyote-fur-trimmed coat is Maggie Q. She appears to be quite adept at using her sexuality and her (probably) fur-trimmed half-naked body to sell her image!

Is that why the woman in the middle of the pic is thought bubbling "howcum nobody wants to pound on my beaver"?

Back
Top Bottom