Husqvarna 701 Enduro | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Great bike, crazy pricing and our weak CAD ... 15-16K OTD? Nuts.

It is pricey, but man, it is a handful! Fun bike!

If I lived in somewhere like Robinsville, NC, it surely would be money spent wisely .... in Ontario? ... I don't think so, but others might think otherwise.

Great bike, crazy pricing and our weak CAD ... 15-16K OTD? Nuts.

If I was to spend 16K on a dirt/dual purpose bike I'd buy a late model KTM690 for 9-10K and spend the rest taking/sending my wife away on a luxury week long vacation. I think she'd take the news better in a relaxed, massaged, manicured and pampered state.

It is a lovely bike. Although they are nearly the same, I think the Husky is much better looking.

Even the fe250 and 350 are almost $14K OTD

Wish they were more affordable

Love the way they look

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think all KTM & Husky bikes are just over priced. Well, good thing is that the brand new bikes keep finding new owners, so us the poorer half can buy them from them after they depreciate a bit.

The gold price to me is 2017 150 XC-W (Husky version as well). I unwisely inquired once about a price .... 11K OTD !!!! ... 2-stroke chainsaw motor in a frame and carburetor, for crying out loud. 710 has at least some 4-stroke heft and number of moving parts, EFI blabla .... not the two stroke. Dealer has warned me, order soon, they are selling like hot cakes .... yeah, ok. I'd have to ride every single weekend, from Aprl to Nov .... to justify these prices.

As a KTM owner I agree completely the pricing on new is out of control, although imo some of the street models are okay and I could justify the expense. The dirt line is out of this world though, I'll be sticking with my 09 EXC for a while no need for a new one.

They do sell out most models though. I know the 2017 Husky TC250 was sold out going back to late December or early January.

"I think all KTM & Husky bikes are just over priced."

Probably not, as they seem to be selling. They're just priced beyond what you (and me) value for an off road bike. There are people who do ride a lot every weekend and some will spend a lot on a dirt bike, and of course there are others who may not ride that much but just want one of these. I'm surprised at how many people will not even consider buying a used bike, whereas I wouldn't consider buying a NEW off road/dual sport.

I bought my 08 530exc for a good deal a few years ago, have been diligent about maintenance and it's still worth near what I paid for it. Far better value for me than a +10K expense.

After owning 2 ktm 2t I feel they are worth it. The difference between a cable and a magura hydraulic clutch is amazing. They are high end performance bikes and carry a premium price. There is nothing from Japan that really compares to the euro bikes. Imo.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

After owning 2 ktm 2t I feel they are worth it. The difference between a cable and a magura hydraulic clutch is amazing. They are high end performance bikes and carry a premium price. There is nothing from Japan that really compares to the euro bikes. Imo.

While I agree with you in principle, I just don't see that much of an advantage. I've never owned a KTM or Husky, but I've spent plenty of time in the saddle of these bikes, 2t, and 4t, and aside from engine performance, I don't feel the advantages vs the Japanese bikes is as great as they say. I feel the jap bikes are far more reliable, and they're catching up in the weight department, as well as engine performance. The guys I ride with, can't out perform my suzuki, (class for class), and I spend more time riding, and less time wrenching. The euros are way ahead in styling though!

While I agree with you in principle, I just don't see that much of an advantage. I've never owned a KTM or Husky, but I've spent plenty of time in the saddle of these bikes, 2t, and 4t, and aside from engine performance, I don't feel the advantages vs the Japanese bikes is as great as they say. I feel the jap bikes are far more reliable, and they're catching up in the weight department, as well as engine performance. The guys I ride with, can't out perform my suzuki, (class for class), and I spend more time riding, and less time wrenching. The euros are way ahead in styling though!
Agreed. However as a die hard 2t guy, the Japanese have nothing to offer as a 2t woods bike. Barring the new yz250x and I haven't tried it yet.

I think a KTM 2 stroke is worth price. The cost to add steel braided lines and hydraulic clutch to a Japanese bike when new would be the same price if not more. I bet the reliability of a Yz250 2T to ktm 250 2T is similar.

I think a KTM 2 stroke is worth price. The cost to add steel braided lines and hydraulic clutch to a Japanese bike when new would be the same price if not more. I bet the reliability of a Yz250 2T to ktm 250 2T is similar.

Japan really left the 2t crowd out in the cold when they embraced the 4t. They basically gave up on 2t. Now that they're making a big comeback, the Japanese bikes will catch up. I agree, if 2t is your thing, a KTM is your best bet.

As far as braided lines, and hydro clutches: I don't think the performance advantages are quite worth the price difference. To really take advantage of braided brake lines, you really have to be pushing the bike crazy hard. 95% of us wouldn't know the difference. As to clutches: I never use mine, so I could care less if it was cable or hydraulic. I use it to start off, or stop. I think that is a riding style choice. Those that take advantage of it, will sware by it. Those who don't need it, don't need it. I felt to disconnected from the trail while riding with a rekluse clutch. Not worth the added expense to me. Again, that's a style choice.

I do alot of rock riding, log hopping, water crossing type of riding. The clutch is a tool in these conditions, my ktm with hydro clutch is 1 finger smooth. Having said all that, I've never bought a NEW ktm and won't anytime soon. I preferred my ktm over any mx bike I've had in the woods as it had oversize tank, hydro clutch, wider ratio gears, proper woods suspension and proper pipes/silencers. There's a reason they cost more, have a close look at the components. Is it worth it? That's up to the individual.

I do alot of rock riding, log hopping, water crossing type of riding. The clutch is a tool in these conditions, my ktm with hydro clutch is 1 finger smooth. Having said all that, I've never bought a NEW ktm and won't anytime soon. I preferred my ktm over any mx bike I've had in the woods as it had oversize tank, hydro clutch, wider ratio gears, proper woods suspension and proper pipes/silencers. There's a reason they cost more, have a close look at the components. Is it worth it? That's up to the individual.

I ride in the same conditions. I just don't use my clutch in the same manner. Just the way I learned I guess (oh so long ago). Some older guys I ride with are similar, the younger guys seem to use their clutches more.

My Suzuki is built from the factory for woods riding as well. Wide ratio gearbox, quiet exhaust, suspension setup for woods, etc....I'd never compare a MX bike to a woods specific bike. They're really setup quite different.

What I'm saying is, my Suzuki had a sticker price of 10k. The equivalent bike from KTM, or Husky would be around 3g's more. It is a steep price to pay for a hydraulic clutch, and braided steel lines.

So much of this is based on personal preference as well. Every time I try another euro bike, I want to feel this premium performance, based on the price premium you pay, but I just don't feel it.

I did spend 20 mins or so on a 125cc KTM 2T last summer in the Ganny. Now this was nice! Direct injected 2t is really nice. I wish I had of had more time to play with that bike.

Last edited:
Edited my post for clarity. Should have read direct injection, not straight fuel injection.

Well if they bring that to market it will be a game changer we will see if it happens

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom