Husqvarna 701 Enduro | GTAMotorcycle.com

Husqvarna 701 Enduro

Mikel

Has anyone seen one of these majestic beauties yet on the roads near the GTA yet? I have plans to add one to my stable in a year or so. I'm partial to the Husk because of the slightly larger gas tank, little longer front suspension travel and the new 74hp single in the 2017's vs it's cousin the KTM 690 Enduro. If KTM updates theirs with that motor it could become a coin toss.

As of right now there seems to be only 2 places to buy Huskies either from Two Wheel in Guelph or some shop in Toronto which I forget the name of. I really wish more people would pick up the line.

There's a shop near Ottawa as well. Decent pricing.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen one of these majestic beauties yet on the roads near the GTA yet? I have plans to add one to my stable in a year or so. I'm partial to the Husk because of the slightly larger gas tank, little longer front suspension travel and the new 74hp single in the 2017's vs it's cousin the KTM 690 Enduro. If KTM updates theirs with that motor it could become a coin toss.

As of right now there seems to be only 2 places to buy Huskies either from Two Wheel in Guelph or some shop in Toronto which I forget the name of. I really wish more people would pick up the line.

74 hp from a single? Sounds like fun.

This place not far from downtown Toronto is a dealer
https://www.studiocyclegroup.com/bikes-for-sale/husqvarna/husqvarna-701-enduro.html

I've seen a few wandering downtown streets although it could be the same bike.

I chose the KTM 690 Enduro instead because I like the colour orange and secondarily, I like the analog tach.

The smoothness of the new engine is nice from what I've read.

Have you ridden one of these bikes yet? Surprisingly, it's been reported that even in the 2017 engine, there is little torque to ward off the feeling of a potential stall at below 3K RPM. Weird because all the other bikes I've ridden don't give off that sensation. That's really the only thing I don't like about the bike. Above 5K RPM and she's the legend they speak of. Loads of fun.

I have test ridden a 2016 690 at Apex cycle last year for their demo days. Problem with that is you get a very limited feel for the bike but I suppose it's better than nothing. I imagine the fuel map for the bike would have something to do with that sensation around 3k rpm. If I owned a bike like these I may invest in power commander 5. I believe 2017 KTM 690's are still available just not sure if they have the updated engine which the 2017 Huskies apparantly do. There's a significant difference from 2016 to 2017 Husky 701's. When it comes time for me to buy I'll probably just phone the 2 different places and buy it over the phone. I doubt either will place will be significantly discounting these bikes.

I've confirmed the 701 will be there, and available to ride.

The oftr and it's member clubs hold events all summer. Some of these events have demo rides. The Scorra family fun day has had gas gas and ktm demo rides in prior years. Mission Cycle in Angus usually has 2 or 3 ktm demo bikes available during the riding season but you must have full M for insurance reasons.

This is also the last day of the motorcycle show in Toronto. I believe Husqvarna will have a booth there.

St. Onge in Barrie is also a Husqy dealer. Probably one of the best out there. I was eyeballing a 701 SM pretty hard and they seemed to have the best prices without many add-ons. Give them a shout.

YKe2v0e.jpg

701 spotted by the hooters off Adelaide. :D

That Husky looks pretty sweet with Omega Fibres rally kit.
be5cb8333359218ef367d0c2ff484b3d.jpg

i've seen a bunch downtown, talked to a guy that rides one at Townmoto last summer, he had nothing but good things to say (but then again who's really gonna talk **** about their bike)

Back
Top Bottom