New (to me) Bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

New (to me) Bike

Clem

In 2004 I bought a ZX10r. I guess if you googled “Mental Bike” you may possibly get a picture of one. I rode it for 3 seasons, did a lot of track days and loved every second. It was smaller at the time than any 4T bike I had owned and once I got the suspension dialled in it was just like a scalpel.

I traded it in for a left over 2006 ZX10r. It was a really nice bike but just lacked something… after all, do you really want to take the nice girl to the Prom? I sold it after a few months and replaced it with a R1200GS.

Well, I just bought a 2005 Zx10r in Magma Red with 8k on it. The owner had it from new and said it had never even been ridden in the rain and I can believe it. It’s spotless. He had a Multi-Strada and just used the Kawasaki on a Sunday for short trips.

Can’t wait to get it home and for the warm weather to come around.

I’ll post a pic once I pick it up

You've bought the same bike 3 times...

I think you like ZX10Rs :)

Nice ride.

That thing's as old as a pre-teen girl. Full steam ahead. And congrats.

Last edited:
If it works for ya, it just works. I've bought the same bike twice, back to back. Running on 12+ years with the same model..different minor bits though. ;)

If it works for ya, it just works. I've bought the same bike twice,

I did as well.
Grabbed a farkled out Black 2010 Weestrom for a long western trip. Sold it on return

Screen%252520Shot%2525202015-06-05%252520at%252520Jun%25252C%2525205%252520%252520%252520%2525202015%252520%252520%252520%25252011.14.58%252520AM.jpg

Missed it ...bought the same machine, same year, different farkles a month later ( too good a deal to pass up ).

9c0da791be60c808198536dbf1a9fd7e

Given the mileage it will likely go to Australia with me.
Still going strong and my go to ride for distance.

Some bikes are classics and just work for the rider. As long as they don't break why pay for new or near new? ABS is just about the only thing that is a must have these days IMNSHO. :D

Congrats on getting it on with an old flame.

Once you've ridden a first gen zx10 it's hard to replicate it with anything else. My 16 zx10 feels like a 600 (until 8-9000rpm) compared to my 04. Nothing like spinning up the rear tire at 5000rpm in 1st.

Congrats!

In 2004 I bought a ZX10r. I guess if you googled “Mental Bike” you may possibly get a picture of one. I rode it for 3 seasons, did a lot of track days and loved every second. It was smaller at the time than any 4T bike I had owned and once I got the suspension dialled in it was just like a scalpel.

I traded it in for a left over 2006 ZX10r. It was a really nice bike but just lacked something… after all, do you really want to take the nice girl to the Prom? I sold it after a few months and replaced it with a R1200GS.

Well, I just bought a 2005 Zx10r in Magma Red with 8k on it. The owner had it from new and said it had never even been ridden in the rain and I can believe it. It’s spotless. He had a Multi-Strada and just used the Kawasaki on a Sunday for short trips.

Can’t wait to get it home and for the warm weather to come around.

I’ll post a pic once I pick it up

Nice. I did this with my RC51 a few years back now. And I'd like to also do it with a 2001 Black/Silver GSXR 1000 (had that too). That's the bike that resonates for me. A monster. Way way too much for the street. Plus lots more street tq than the new litre bikes and crazy fast. One mag got a 9.79 1/4 mile stock, and same weight as your ZX10R. I've been looking but I haven't been able to find a clean, stock low mile bike. I sure hope I can find one at some point.

Sounds like a great bike and find. Post up some pictures.

Have an 04 and 05 ,love these bikes,for the money I've spent on the 05 I could've bought something much newer but I'm addicted to this gen 10,congrats on your purchase .Post up some pics when you get a chance

Back
Top Bottom