Waterless wash | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waterless wash

arogal

Been looking at some waterless wash products to use on my bike. I am leaning towards "SansZo". Does anyone use waterless wash products? If so what do you recommend?
Thanks,

I like these guys products

http://store.chemicalguyscanada.ca/product_p/mto10004.htm

and their full line

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Motorcycle_Detailing_Products_s/634.htm

MTO10016-FullCycleWaterlessWashandWax-MotoLine-Honda-Grom-ChemicalGuys.jpg

Last edited:
I've only used Plexus and Pledge. Pledge is cheaper.

I go to the local pay and spray. Pre-soak option to soak things down, soap option briefly on the really dirty parts like the tires or any muddy spots, power rinse the entire bike, and then it has the "spot free rinse" option that uses demineralized water and it leaves the bike literally spotless. I can usually get it done for the minimum $4.

I carry a microfiber in one of my saddlebags to dry off the seat and tank so my pants don't get wet, and I ride off.

Works for me.

I've been using this for a few years. Works well in between proper suds it all up washes with a hose and bucket. I have acres of plastic fairing and it works well on removing minor road dust and bugs.

https://www.amazon.com/HONDA-08732-SCP00-Spray-Cleaner-Polish/dp/B004FSEJZA

I bought a jug of S-100 cleaner last year and this is great stuff as well, but requires significant rinsing so it's not a "waterless wash" S-100 tells you to just spray it on, wait a few minutes and then rinse it off. This works ok for minor soil, but for wheels, calipers, mufflers, under the engine etc.... pray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and then use a 4" paintbrush to scrub off road grit. Works better than solvents.

I don't think they will be at the show....?

they are not listed as any of the Exhibitors, but someone there might be carrying their line...

Chemical guys have a store in Mississauga
I use their products on my bike and cars.

Address: 5775 Atlantic Dr, Mississauga, ON L4W 4P3
Phone: +1 844-458-8242
Province: Ontario

Pledge is the cheapest and most covenient. I've also used Harley Davidson branded stuff in a spray bottle and Motul Wash and wax in an aerosol. They all seem to work equally well but only if your bike is just dusty and not dirty.

Waterless wash? Never, as that's a great way to mar the crap out of your paint.

That said, there are rinseless wash products (no hose, just a wash mitt and bucket of special soapy water that doesn't leave residue/soap scum) that I've used on the car and bike countless times. Quick Easy Wash (QEW) and Optimum No Rinse (ONR) come to mind, and are sold by a lot of online detail product stores like eshine. Aside from using to wash, I do mix it in a stronger concentration and put some in spray bottles, as it does work well with a microfibre cloth to spot clean after a ride when you commit genocide of the mosquito population up north.

Keep in mind though these only clean the surface, so if you are trying to get salt or other things off the bike, nothing beats a hose.

Last edited:
How hard is it to hose it off, go to do it yourself car wash or use buckets if you live in a condo?
I can see the pledge or polish after a wash as the bike is clean and nothing to scratch the paint.

Seems you would be scratching the paint (swirl marks) by not removing the dirt.

How hard is it to hose it off, go to do it yourself car wash or use buckets if you live in a condo?
I can see the pledge or polish after a wash as the bike is clean and nothing to scratch the paint.

Seems you would be scratching the paint (swirl marks) by not removing the dirt.

The waterless stuff looks like way to much work. I spray with a cleaner, let it sit and hose off. The only thing I would have to take some care with is the windscreen, and only if I don't care about water spots... which I don't so I leave it. Takes 10 mins to clean my bike, I love it, its fast and simple and no need for me to even touch the bike with my hands.

My experience with waterless washes is exactly conundrum mentioned above - you hit a chunk of dirt or debris that you didn't see and end up swirling it all over your paint and grinding it in.

I like to actually wash the dirt off before doing anything related to polishing. A little bit of dust, sure..some pledge, but if my bike is dirty to the point where it needs to be "washed", there's a lot of water involved to flush the dirt off first.

Also washing your bike and drying it the traditional way has a hidden benefit.
It allows you to get close up and see things that might be coming loose or leaking etc...

btw- pledge on dirty rims works great...spray on, let sit for 30 sec and wipe off with old towel or shop towel
pledge and honda polish work like degreasers...way better than any simple green type cleaners

clean your chain also

Also washing your bike and drying it the traditional way has a hidden benefit.
It allows you to get close up and see things that might be coming loose or leaking etc...

btw- pledge on dirty rims works great...spray on, let sit for 30 sec and wipe off with old towel or shop towel
pledge and honda polish work like degreasers...way better than any simple green type cleaners

clean your chain also

I live in an apartment, there is no access to a hose or else I obviously would. I know hand washing is best, but that wasn't my question.
I never thought to clean and lube my chain though...... :p

Back
Top Bottom