racing set up advice | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

racing set up advice

so how much track time can I expect during a race weekend if i'm planing on doing 2 classes?

so how much track time can I expect during a race weekend if i'm planing on doing 2 classes?

You're hijacking you own thread off topic but hey it's your thread ;)

I can only speak for how RACE runs, but I'm guessing SOAR maybe similar.
Friday would be practice, broken up into classes much like a track day just not track day pace.
Saturday morning you get a couple practice sessions, afternoon is the qualifiers.
Sunday morning you get a couple practice sessions, afternoon is the finals.

Last edited:

Assuming Rookie 600 and AM600 at RACE you will get about 30 minutes to 1.5 hours of track time in the mornings depending on what classes and how they are divided (ie did vintage or sidecars show up that weekend). Then your races in the afternoon.

You will not get as much track time on a race weekend as you do on track days.

But ... it's better quality track time.

You'll see.

Friday would be practice, broken up into classes much like a track day just not track day pace.
Saturday morning you get a couple practice sessions, afternoon is the qualifiers.

no sense creating a new thread for a simple question, and since I have everyones attention I might as well squeeze as much knowledge out of this group as possible :) plus we already went from race prep to transponders to weather, to boats back to race prep, and now onto track time

Last edited:
Potato Chips, let's not leave those out of the conversation.
no sense creating a new thread for a simple question, and since I have everyones attention I might as well squeeze as much knowledge out of this group as possible :) plus we already went from race prep to transponders to weather, to boats back to race prep, and now onto track time

SOAR runs their endurance race Saturday afternoon so your practices are short and early. About 1/2 the amount of riding you'd do at RACE.

At VRRA the classes have been so full at Mosport and Bogie that you pretty much get one 12 minute practice session on Sat and one on Sun. Doesn't matter how many classes you enter, you still just get the one practice.

They run a 2 hour endurance race on Friday ... if you want lots of track time, that's the hot ticket. Likewise with the 3 hour endurance on Saturday afternoon that SOAR runs.

I was thinking of signing up and trying some of the Racer5 rent&ride endurance race series. I assume that it runs concurrent with all of the other classes. How packed is the field? And assuming that it runs with the other classes, are there any issues with speed differentials running CBR125s with superbikes?

At VRRA the classes have been so full at Mosport and Bogie that you pretty much get one 12 minute practice session on Sat and one on Sun. Doesn't matter how many classes you enter, you still just get the one practice.

They run a 2 hour endurance race on Friday ... if you want lots of track time, that's the hot ticket. Likewise with the 3 hour endurance on Saturday afternoon that SOAR runs.

I guess with VRRA you could get 20 year old setup notes and be ok lol!

I was thinking of signing up and trying some of the Racer5 rent&ride endurance race series. I assume that it runs concurrent with all of the other classes. How packed is the field? And assuming that it runs with the other classes, are there any issues with speed differentials running CBR125s with superbikes?

Racer5 has been using the 250s in the endurance race. But, yeah, at the end of the main straightaway, there's a rather large speed difference.

Grand Bend is flat with good visibility around corners, which helps with this.

It scares the **** out of me coming up on smaller bikes with a 120km/h speed difference but it seems everyone else thinks it's fun.

I think racer5 has a few days this year where they are doing endurance racing on non soar weekends.

Damn skimpy, you can use them as barriers for chasing racers... It does get "interesting" to say the least
It scares the **** out of me coming up on smaller bikes with a 120km/h speed difference but it seems everyone else thinks it's fun.

I wouldn't call it fun. You get used to it after a while. It's better now that Racer5 does their own thing. Less 250s and the ones that are there have some fast guys on them.

I think racer5 has a few days this year where they are doing endurance racing on non soar weekends.
It is completely separate now. Was last year too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom