racing set up advice | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

racing set up advice

damn everyone keeps mentioning the weather there, is it really that bad??

The track is 3 km from the lake ... a big lake. And being on the southwest of that lake, it's usually downwind. That lake took all winter to get nice and cold, it takes a good chunk of the summer to warm up again, and in the process, the temperature difference to the air gets the wind blowing.

If you've done TMP - Same issue. That track is 5 km from the lake. Being that close to a big lake just gets the wind going.

On the plus side, Grand Bend is that same 3 km from Timmies, hotels, restaurants, gas station, beach (useful once the lake warms up). You can drive to Timmies in the time it would take to walk to the concession stand.

Damn, I was hoping you were kidding lol, i'm not a big fan of camping in the best of conditions, bellow freezing would be out of the question for me.

how do you keep heat in the tires when its that cold?

It was wet so I froze my *** off in an endurance race riding conservatively on rains and went home lol. 7hrs of driving to be miserable but any day on the track is still fun....sort of lol.

what do you guys do in regards to a transponder, have your own or rent at the track? I understand that SOAR uses X2 and you have to get a yearly subscription for it?
Yeah you can buy one (purchase price includes first year of subscription) or rent one. If you're unsure of your lever of commitment I would just rent one. However they only had a small number of rentals available soooooo

No worries, it's just bad on the first 2 rounds and the last 2 rounds lol. Jokes aside, most times at ridding time is nice and hot, doesn't rain that often, it's just over night and when you wake up at 6am, it sucks, ridding is not so bad.

We've had the October round be sunny and warm ... and we've had it rainy with the temperature never going above 6 the whole weekend. Welcome to Canada, and I must remind you that Shannonville has its own weather system, too.

I know not what you speak of.

IMG_20141004_173226_zpsyd6xhvpv.jpg~original

We've had the October round be sunny and warm ... and we've had it rainy with the temperature never going above 6 the whole weekend. Welcome to Canada, and I must remind you that Shannonville has its own weather system, too.

Yes as noted in Post #15. Did you actually just take offense to people joking about GB weather as a slight and respond with a Shannonville comment in defense?

never rains at mosport or bogie though....
lol most people don't book track time on those two tracks in early may or october.

If it never rains at 'bogie, then I don't like riding there in the rain either... usually one of three bikes and no time limits... amirite?!

To get this slightly back on topic, Bring a note pad and pens, Write down any idea or thought that pops into your head because by the end of the first weekend you will have forgotten that thing you thought of on Friday.

I have a whiteboard on the door of my Enclosed trailer where I make notes of the things that I need to take care of between rounds.

Write down your suspension settings, tire pressures etc. Keep track of anything you change and only try to make one change at a time.

Back
Top Bottom