FLIR on Motorcycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

FLIR on Motorcycles

For $2,000US if you regularly rode through deer or moose country at dawn or night, FLIR would be worth it. If the system saved you from a single crash you've made your money back.

Gadgetville IMO. I have two FLIRs, one ancient monochrome and one colour. They have smaller screens than the 7" one on the guy's bike but the comment about getting a few more seconds warning is bunk. Deer often blast out from the bush and you are lucky if you have time to brake or steer, if you could guess in what direction you should steer.

My deer miss event was daytime in Virginia. Traffic had slowed and bunched up due to construction. As I passed the obstruction I let the car ahead move out a bit to give me more forward space. In a split second there was a deer wanting that space. We both hammered the brakes at the same time, me staying straight with Jane Doe doing a 270° turn and going behind me.

Going down the Blue Ridge the deer are as thick and erratic as Toronto bicyclists. Staring at a second screen / view seems counterproductive.

Back
Top Bottom