online quotes... | GTAMotorcycle.com

online quotes...

Hack

Are all these online quote tools as useless as they seem..?
I mean.... I'm happy with my coverage/premium, but it never hurts to shop around at renewal time.
I don't really want to spend time on the phone talking so when I have time I try these online quote tools.
Most insurers have 'em.

Well, you spend a little time punching in your stats, answering the questions and... Presto!
Your given a quote at least 50% higher than what you already pay. In some cases two or three times what I'm paying... Lol.
Seems like a good way to scare potential clients away.

Online quotes are garbage. they're usually inaccurate

Best to call/email
Even between different underwriters, quotes can vary wildly, depending on what they deem important
Some care about the bikes status(Super sport or not)
Some care about CC
Some just dont make any sense (Aviva classifying Ninja 650 as super sport, but the identical ER6n they are happy to insure)

Best to call/email

Then I guess my question is why do they bother..?
If you can't provide a quote online that is as accurate as one given over the phone... You're just wasting bandwidth.
I had one company phone me today re. my online quote... I told the caller their quote was almost 3x what I pay now.
Her reply was that not all their underwriters are available via their online system, but she could certainly help me...

You're wasting your time. Have a nice day.

Then I guess my question is why do they bother..?
If you can't provide a quote online that is as accurate as one given over the phone... You're just wasting bandwidth.
I had one company phone me today re. my online quote... I told the caller their quote was almost 3x what I pay now.
Her reply was that not all their underwriters are available via their online system, but she could certainly help me...

You're wasting your time. Have a nice day.
That's why they bother. You contacted them, and gave them your info.

That's why they bother. You contacted them, and gave them your info.

Lol....yeah.. I forgot to type in a fake phone number.
So they paid someone to take time to phone me just so I could tell them "no thanks".

Profit?

Its the same reason dealerships often post ads about their bikes online, with no price on them.

They want you to come in or call.

Its a numbers game, the more people walk in or call, the more people are likely to buy.
At worst the buyer doesnt like what hes getting and ends up negotiating for a better deal, or walking off.

In sales they would call this "Leads"

Last edited:
The TD one is always garbage....best always to call or email agents/brokers directly.

Best to call/email
Even between different underwriters, quotes can vary wildly, depending on what they deem important
Some care about the bikes status(Super sport or not)
Some care about CC
Some just dont make any sense (Aviva classifying Ninja 650 as super sport, but the identical ER6n they are happy to insure)

Correct about online quotes being inaccurate, from my experience its license dates, driving record and claim history that everyone enters wrong, not to mention coverage limits.
some online quoting systems pull the rates right from the same place brokers would.

Back
Top Bottom