Runaway stunt bike

Thread: Runaway stunt bike

Runaway stunt bike

Re: Runaway stunt bike

do kill switches get removed from stunt bikes?

hard to imagine why one would try to kick a moving bike down?
    james
    Stratoliner Midnight

GEAR - some people ride with it, some people don't. It's time to accept this fact and move onto more pressing preaching.

HID's - your crappy install is blinding and annoying everyone else - not to mention putting yourself in some degree of danger.

Can we make a category called, "My skills suck, lemme tell you why.." forum?

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    do kill switches get removed from stunt bikes?

hard to imagine why one would try to kick a moving bike down?
    People rarely remove them completely, but for tricks like high chairs etc where there is a high likelyhood of hitting it with your legs shutting the engine off in a wheelie while sitting on the tank. People either move them to a harder to reach location or simply rotate them so they are on the bottom of the bar not the top. That makes them harder to find and reach, especially when its not your bike and your in a panic....

At least it didn't hit a brand new aluminum F150.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

2001 1800 Goldwing
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175

Run forest run lol
    Ride or drive anything but transit

Banned

I always wonder what would happen if you got tangled up with the bike and your hand or foot or hand and foot got into the chain drive? A lot, like 24/7. It's kind of distracting to think about one thing so much.

click click downshift for the obvious 2nd gear turn, you mentioned
    this & that, depends, whatever

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    I always wonder what would happen if you got tangled up with the bike and your hand or foot or hand and foot got into the chain drive? A lot, like 24/7. It's kind of distracting to think about one thing so much.
    Many people add what is advertised as a finger/foot saver to try and prevent getting caught in the chain/sprocket

I like that the camera guy never helps out, just films a bike smacking a nice old pickup truck. rule #1 , keep the film rolling....

One of these would seem wise for stunters while they're still learning/experimenting.

--VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

I wonder why street bikes don't have a chain quide like motox, it's a little unsprung weight, however the chain should not come off and pretty hard to get body parts chewed up in the sprocket.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr guy View Post
    I wonder why street bikes don't have a chain quide like motox, it's a little unsprung weight, however the chain should not come off and pretty hard to get body parts chewed up in the sprocket.
    Doug Polen

A female that races 125s had this happen to her. Don't know if she wants it known. I didn't ask her details but it broke stuff =P
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, richer, stronger, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr guy View Post
    A sport bike should never have its chain adjusted with as much slack in it as a MX bike, because they don't have nearly as much rear suspension travel. So under normal circumstances its not required, a guard can be added but a guide is not necessary, and would cause some drag and excessive noise

Adding a sprocket/chain guard to the bottom of the swing arm is about all you should need if your worried about getting caught up in the sprocket/chain

The only person I know that has ever had this happen to them, did so while cleaning their chain with the bike running in first gear on a stand....Almost lost 2 fingers
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 02-21-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Thats hilarious

Tough running lol.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    I like that the camera guy never helps out, just films a bike smacking a nice old pickup truck. rule #1 , keep the film rolling....
    It's already got one guy on foot chasing after it and another on a bike. Don't see how a third would help?
    Briefly bikeless
    "Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    A sport bike should never have its chain adjusted with as much slack in it as a MX bike, because they don't have nearly as much rear suspension travel. So under normal circumstances its not required, a guard can be added but a guide is not necessary, and would cause some drag and excessive noise

Adding a sprocket/chain guard to the bottom of the swing arm is about all you should need if your worried about getting caught up in the sprocket/chain

The only person I know that has ever had this happen to them, did so while cleaning their chain with the bike running in first gear on a stand....Almost lost 2 fingers
    I know of someone that this same thing happen to. Took a few fingertips off

Quote Originally Posted by FJRrider View Post
    I know of someone that this same thing happen to. Took a few fingertips off
    Sure it happened to "someone else" Lefty....lol