Women in motorcycling | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Women in motorcycling

My wife rides. She was on a 250 ninja for 3 years. Last year she moved to a bandit 600. She found the bandit too big, wide and long. It's gone and we've been shopping, turns out the gladius fits her like a glove. We're now looking for one by spring. You just need to shop around and find what fits. After riding adventure and dirt bikes for so long, a sportbikes etc feels like a tiny minibike to sit on.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

My wife rides. She was on a 250 ninja for 3 years. Last year she moved to a bandit 600. She found the bandit too big, wide and long. It's gone and we've been shopping, turns out the gladius fits her like a glove. We're now looking for one by spring. You just need to shop around and find what fits. After riding adventure and dirt bikes for so long, a sportbikes etc feels like a tiny minibike to sit on.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Women have that problem with me also:lmao:

The world economic forum, reporting annually on the Global gender gap reports ( based on study of 142 countries) in 70 of those countries womens standing has actually gotten worse in the last yr. 0 countries have actually closed the gender gap and 31.4% is the spread to achieve parity.
At the current rate it will take 170yrs to achieve parity.

Somebody better get them their own motorbike, cause apparently we aren't taking their considerations into effect on much else either.

Breaking news, the new American motorcycle for women will be unveiled by Erik Buells wife, get one in the first 6 months.....

LOL ... men will be allowed to buy that bike?

As for bikes themselves, all the ladies in my social circles are happy with all the choices they have. Even if a few of them are shorter in seams.

a0d1f2e6dafdd50481ee62d23bcd7ed6.jpg
dc322155cf7c10a205d8918367bc9af8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two ladies you've posted here are both on Sportsters. I'm certain that many women are excited to get their first Harley but I'm also certain that many of them would love to have something to choose from other than Sportsters. 1.6" of rear suspension travel coupled with the mediocre fuel range of the smaller tanks and limited luggage options don't make for the best bike for experienced riders. Sadly for many ladies, its all they fit on.

The two ladies you've posted here are both on Sportsters. I'm certain that many women are excited to get their first Harley but I'm also certain that many of them would love to have something to choose from other than Sportsters. 1.6" of rear suspension travel coupled with the mediocre fuel range of the smaller tanks and limited luggage options don't make for the best bike for experienced riders. Sadly for many ladies, its all they fit on.

Although she is on the back in this pic, this is the bike my daughter would like. Just in something other than black.

She can flat foot it just fine.

528fee0361162d2fd563f1927e3b2c5b.jpg

musta never hearda hardtails

It is very simple for a salesperson to ask "What has been your experience with product X?" It doesn't matter if it's a bike or a bake sheet. Whether you talk down to them or over their heads you lose the customer. The guy looking at a frying pan might be junior on his way to college or he might be on his way to culinary college.

Asking "What do you envision doing?" lets a salesperson steer the client to the right choice. Unfortunately the first stab from the rep is often a thinly disguised "How much money do you have for us?"

Apparently there is a dealership in London where non of the salespersons ride. That is an excellent business plan. O'Leary would be proud. No idle chit chat about nice roads and who won the GP. Just "Do you want fries with that."

I previously worked at a Honda dealership for 6 years where pretty much EVERY single salesperson was a complete moron. My favorite pitch I once overheard was "This Accord has dual exhausts that give it better fuel mileage while giving it a sportier sound" :rolleyes:

girl that rides with us is 5'1" , rides a road glide bagger, she flat foots it very well seats are pretty low. Pushing it backwards if there is any incline is a different story

Pushing it backwards if there is any incline is a different story

Hey now there is no shame for anyone, male or female, if they can't walk a bike backwards while sitting on it....especially if your bike has a 32" seat height while you have a 29" inseam... ¬_¬ lol

Last edited:
Pushing it backwards if there is any incline is a different story

Is it back peddling or back paddling? Either way, sure comes in handy on road or line. Time to bulk up for the season.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Morrissey

musta never hearda hardtails

not to mention a tank swap

There is women working in the business, no reason why they can't design and market what they feel is appealing to them.

If there is money to be made, capitalize on it and make it happen! You go girl!

People have been talking about getting more women on bikes for years. I see a lot more women riding Harleys these days mainly because their husbands bought one and when they went to HD meets on the back, other women weren't riding on the back, they had their own bikes. That makes a big impression, so more women started saying they wanted their own instead of riding on the back. Peer pressure I guess; the first wise-crack and it's done. They aren't only on Sportsters either, the larger 700-800lb bikes are favorites with them.

Among most women however the answers about bikes are often the same. Bikes are too dangerous and most women (like a lot of men) are risk averse. Women also don't like their hair getting messed up, so unless she has floppy straight hair the helmet thing is out. I'm seeing more and more of them across the board though, so things are looking up. Bikes are cheap fun for someone who rides transit all year. A great way to get a summer getaway.

I just want to be looked at and talked to with the same attention given to men in dealerships and shops. A lot of places just assume you are there to sit on bikes or look at colours etc. and generally talk down to you. I dont want special women's only crap. What I would like would be more selection of gear with the same protection levels as guys. I don't want to be special, I just want to be treated equal.
/rant
Yes please. And no pink rinestone **** either...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My daughter showed a bit of interest in trials a couple years ago.She has fallen a few times with bruises to suit and even turned the 40 year old Yamaha upside down in a creek requiring a top end job.
I see a lot of girlfriends and wives watching the guys compete thru the season and i am very proud to watch her do her thing with usually only one other female competing.
It's a dream come true to see your kid filled with what is your passion.
P3200255_zpsmypl1syt.jpg

My daughter showed a bit of interest in trials a couple years ago.She has fallen a few times with bruises to suit and even turned the 40 year old Yamaha upside down in a creek requiring a top end job.
I see a lot of girlfriends and wives watching the guys compete thru the season and i am very proud to watch her do her thing with usually only one other female competing.
It's a dream come true to see your kid filled with what is your passion.
P3200255_zpsmypl1syt.jpg

Congratulations. You are a very proud Dad and rightfully so. :)

The article lives off a made up assumption that there is some sort of an untapped market share.
The truth is that not too many women are interested in riding. I've been on numerous group rides and the ratio is usually about 10-1. A heavy duty campaign may result in an increase but the cost vs efficiency makes it not worth it most likely.

Things have changed drastically in the auto sector for example, where there are numerous cars marketed towards women since they are the ones buying close to 50% of the vehicles now and influencing a good chunk of the remainder.

Manufacturers are always thinking of ways to make more money and I'm sure they are aware that half the world's population doesn't have a penis.

Back
Top Bottom