Ontario Liberals at it again (EV incentives this time) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario Liberals at it again (EV incentives this time)

He's leaving it a little late. he should be campaigning now

Yep. Are the PCs fund-poor right now so they can't harp on about Wynne's myriad failures? It's a pretty target-rich environment, so to speak, with hydro and gas rates, healthcare, debt and the rest. Wynne's approval rating is in the toilet. Like an MMA fighter, Brown should jump and pound while she's down. Instead he's giving her a chance to redeem herself to her shaken base by dangling carrots in front of them; massive strategic error on the part of the PCs.

I'll be voting strategically. I'll throw my weight behind whatever party looks closest to defeating her.

Can't really see myself voting NDP even if they're polling ahead of the PCs. I might change my vote away from the PCs if they didn't promise, for instance, to rid the province of DriveClean or propose term limits for MPs or if they pull a Hudak and go US-style conservative on us.

The Ontario PCs are in a bit of turmoil. Patrick Brown ran for party leader on the classic trickle-down economics and bigotry platform against the more progressive Christine Elliott. This was also exactly who he was when he was an MP as well, religious right-wing huge deficit tax cutter. Now he has flip-flopped on all of that and many in the party are not happy with the change. The questions are:

-Has he had an epiphany?
-Is he just lying to everyone now to win the next election?
-Did he lie to all the alt-righties to get elected party leader?
-Who is the real Patrick Brown?

Look at the recent Niagara bi-election (Hudak's old seat I think), party president that he supported was defeated in the "primary" by a home schooled kid tooting the old school religious bigotry. There is a revolt in the party including calls for him to step down. In the end he has immediate problems with his own party (and their unity) and this is why he is so quiet. The idiots may just be handing the Liberals a win next year, like they did with Tim Hudak.

They should incentivize EVs and hybrids under $50k only IMO

Totally agree and they were almost there when they did the last update (The cap was back then at 75K I believe ... too high I thought back then). So it's quite typical of the Ontario Libs, to take the good start and mess it up by removing a cap altogether, at times when they are bleeding money left and right. How is that a prudent move, I guess only they know ....

My theory is, that perhaps, with the low CAD and Tesla model 3 coming (who knows when exactly), the Tesla least expensive offering could easily go over the cap. It will definitely be over 50K, even you don't load it up, me thinks.

What has Patrick Brown done to show the province he's a viable alternative?

That is the crux of the alternative problem ... not much ... unless you are on the lookout for pro-life stuff, sex ed curriculum etc.

That is the crux of the alternative problem ... not much ... unless you are on the lookout for pro-life stuff, sex ed curriculum etc.

I think most Ontarians would vote for a garden slug before Wynne now. The problem is the "core", her base of teachers and PSEs that form a bit of an evil triad. Not sure if these folks could ever be convinced to vote for anyone else, no matter how badly things were managed, because of the gravy train...

I personally know about 10 teachers.. I won't be shocked by an NDP resurgence this time around.

so you drive and park a block away and walk in with your fold up bike and helmet, lol
$10/wk x 50/wks= $500/yr lol =1 - 2 car payments

You are a genius....why the hell didn't think of that! I mean it's literally 8km to the office....

You are a genius....why the hell didn't think of that! I mean it's literally 8km to the office....
Next to the people who are legitimately cycling in, it'll be obvious you're faking it. Or you can make it look realistic and find it's not worth all the effort. Let us know how it goes, but the incentive is probably intended to just tip the balance a bit in favour of those who might have already been thinking about it. Also, a feel-good move for the company and maybe also helps with their health insurance.

Riding a bike in TO good for health insurance? Thought these guys get run down on the regular.

Next to the people who are legitimately cycling in, it'll be obvious you're faking it. Or you can make it look realistic and find it's not worth all the effort. Let us know how it goes, but the incentive is probably intended to just tip the balance a bit in favour of those who might have already been thinking about it. Also, a feel-good move for the company and maybe also helps with their health insurance.

Id prefer to bike than fake it....help with the beer gut! Only need to find a route that doesn't take the major routes preferably park or dedicated lanes but not that many around from what I see though between here and work. Hell I might just walk it.

No, not really. It might have been a small factor, but there's many other factors way above that.

I personally know about 10 teachers.. I won't be shocked by an NDP resurgence this time around.

I would tend to agree ... unless Brown and the blue team smartens up in a hurry.

Oh the Ontario Liberals .... keep producing others with incompetence.

So, here we have a guy who clearly could and probably had an impact on the cap removal policy change, yet his boss thinks he has done everything by the book ... LOL ... how stupid do they think people really are???? Minister at its verse, trying to justify the cap removal ....

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tesla-electric-vehicle-incentive-ontario-1.3996068

Too bad, the article doesn't explain what exactly was the guy hired as by Tesla, particularly in Canada (where they don't have much besides stores) ..... other than government lobbyist position, really.

Back
Top Bottom