Suzuki Van Van | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Suzuki Van Van

I was near certain that the TW200 had been discontinued. Curtain treatments aside, the two bikes seem substantially similar. The Suzuki has a front disc and fuel injection, the Yamaha has fork gaiters.

Fork gaiters are cheap to buy and install. The Canadian Peso makes it a bit expensive for what it is, just like the Tu250. Still, more choice is better.

Fork gaiters are cheap to buy and install. The Canadian Peso makes it a bit expensive for what it is, just like the Tu250. Still, more choice is better.

Yeah, but if I didn't say it somebody else would've

Ty
And even a 200 is too tall for me 
I guess the price is about right, though.

Sent from the Purple Zone
I was going to say you should try to my 125 but I think this thing actually has a lower seat than mine.

I was going to say you should try to my 125 but I think this thing actually has a lower seat than mine.
I'm okay on the cbr125, I just don't like the riding position. Between my gut and my back, I'm in pain after a few minutes.

I'm okay on the cbr125, I just don't like the riding position. Between my gut and my back, I'm in pain after a few minutes.

RS125 is more aggressive. Think the seat might be higher, too, but it's been awhile since I sat on a CBR125R.

That's what I thought until I tried to put them where they didn't belong. T'was nary a lip. The slippage was real and almost instantaneous.

Ty
And even a 200 is too tall for me 
I guess the price is about right, though.

How tall is too tall, Joe? Yamaha Virago 1100 had a 25" or 26" seat height if I remember correctly. Plenty of gut room on one too! ;)

Here's a descent review from England of the Van Van going head to head with the new Grom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRcBjNt7N4

Last edited:
How tall is too tall, Joe? Yamaha Virago 1100 had a 25" or 26" seat height if I remember correctly. Plenty of gut room on one too! ;)

Here's a descent review from England of the Van Van going head to head with the new Grom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmRcBjNt7N4
Test rode one before I bought my Shadow. It was good for height, and rode nice, just didn't feel right.

Yeah i felt that is often the case with cruisers...atleast with sport bikes you know what you get, really leaned over, hugging the tank...

I thought id like the c/m50s...sat on them..felt weird
Its harder to find the cruiser with right ergos than a sport bike

I like it. Trying to think of a good use case for it.

Used to have a Suzuki RV125 at the cottage when we were kids and used it to go back and forth to the store. No license. I doubt very much if you could do that today.

Probably still do that, long as your not in the GTA, in some remote area by the cottage

"Vanning" used to be a big thing in the '70's until people discovered not vanning was just as much fun. If you were a hot chick or not fat you could hail a van for, @s$, grass or gas. If you were lucky a David Lee Eddie Van Halen clone was driving.

Probably still do that, long as your not in the GTA, in some remote area by the cottage

As someone who lives in "cottage country" and spends a lot of time in several cottage areas, no, you can't still do that. What used to be REAL cottages are now summer homes that are nicer than mine. City folks with city money have moved up here and brought their need for rules, regulation and by-laws with them. Johnny Law is on the look out for any and all infractions and will fine you accordingly. There was a time when the rules up here were lax and you could get away with a lot as long as no one was getting hurt, but not any more.

Get north of the the Sioux and maybe its a bit more flexible, "cottage country" rules have put the clamps on anything with a motor, be it bikes boats or sledding anything that moves better be plated or stickered and insured if it leaves your own property.

Looks like a TS Suzuki from the 70's.
1971_TS125_450.jpg

I guess those days are gone now and they will never be back.

I was trying to find a picture of our RV but I'd have to go through boxes of old photos, but it looked this, same color and everything

suzuki-rv-125-vanvan_key_19.jpg

The styling hasn't changes a lot in 40 years

I feel old now :(

I guess those days are gone now and they will never be back.

I was trying to find a picture of our RV but I'd have to go through boxes of old photos, but it looked this, same color and everything

suzuki-rv-125-vanvan_key_19.jpg

The styling hasn't changes a lot in 40 years

I feel old now :(

That's a neat looking machine. Incidentally, that tire tread pattern looks as fresh today as it did back then. No wonder the S. Koreans can manufacture a tire, send it over seas, thru a chain of handlers, thru multiple distribution centres, down the highway delivered to my back porch taxes included for around $100. And everybody's happy.

Looks like a TS Suzuki from the 70's.
1971_TS125_450.jpg
That's awesome. I had a 76 ts400 2t. That thing tried to kill me many times.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I love the look of the bike, and I feel this would be a perfect bike for kids to learn on.

I have/had grand intentions to buy a bike like this to give to my sister when she turns 17 to putter around town or store up at the cottage so that she can hang out with friends and what not. Unfortunately, insurance costs destroyed that idea; the cheapest quote that I could find for a 125 and a 17 year old was 7.5k. NUTS

Back
Top Bottom