Harley's new idea | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley's new idea

The article was pretty thin on information, but "It makes for a longer sales funnel." redeemed it, IMO.

*Blips Throttle*
Straight pipes save my life as I pull away from lights.
*Swings Get Back Whip*
"Hyah! Hyah!"
Crowd envies REAL motorcycle.

Last edited:
The urban youth also don't have much money and prefer to buy retro air-cooled 60-80s bikes of simple design that are easy to fix. Basically hobby bikes they can add artistic flair to. Harley's dark lineup is liquid cooled, computer-controlled fuel injected, and by no means inexpensive to buy and ride. Fun yes. Reliable too. Practical in summer around the city for sure. But downtown living has a way of tapping your finances, especially when you're young.

The article was pretty thin on information, but "It makes for a longer sales funnel." redeemed it, IMO.

*Blips Throttle*
Straight pipes save my life as I pull away from lights.
*Swings Get Back Whip*
"Hyah! Hyah!"
Crowd envies REAL motorcycle.

I chuckled

The urban youth also don't have much money and prefer to buy retro air-cooled 60-80s bikes of simple design that are easy to fix. Basically hobby bikes they can add artistic flair to. Harley's dark lineup is liquid cooled, computer-controlled fuel injected, and by no means inexpensive to buy and ride. Fun yes. Reliable too. Practical in summer around the city for sure. But downtown living has a way of tapping your finances, especially when you're young.

...urban yewts also dont want to be seen riding the same brand bikes as their grandparents

...urban yewts also dont want to be seen riding the same brand bikes as their grandparents
Maybe HD should copy Buick's ad campaign.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Maybe HD should copy Buick's ad campaign.

I wonder how that's working out for them.
wah.gif
(I'll avoid Buick even at the rental counter.)

HD moving downtown is well overdue. The cheap HDs make total sense as urban transportation. I think and hope it'll work.

Last edited:
I wonder how that's working out for them.
wah.gif
(I'll avoid Buick even at the rental counter.)

HD moving downtown is well overdue. The cheap HDs make total sense as urban transportation. I think and hope it'll work.

Lolwut?

the cheapest bike in the lineup is 10k

Since it's about looks and not function...getting a cheap used old UJM and blinging/tricking it out should be just the ticket.

If i ever make the stupid mistake of buying a non japanese, in the heat of the moment, it will probably be a triumph (or ktm)

Lolwut?

the cheapest bike in the lineup is 10k

Yes. Those would be the (comparatively) cheap HDs. Street series & Sportsters. I don't think I've ever seen a Street, but you see Sporsters parked outside year-round in the hood here. (Aight, not exactly year-round but the downtown "riding season" is close to 10 months.)

Last edited:
blah blah blah...

A 2014 U.S. study from Nielsen showed snake people are less likely to own vehicles or homes when they live downtown. Parking is expensive in cities, and storing a 500 pound hog in a one bedroom rental isn’t feasible.

Harley-Davidson retailers, however, will store bikes for customers as part of their community care initiatives.

Okay, now that's interesting. It sounds logistically complicated, though.

Snake people?!?

Browser extension. I meant to draw attention to HD supposedly managing the "where to put my bike" problem of downtown renters without parking.

Are they going to ask all the dealers they asked to build new buildings along major highways or lose the brand to move, again?

Apparently you haven't noticed that the urban hipsters are crazy about old iron-head Harleys, Triumphs, and CB Hondas? Exactly the bikes their parents and grandparents rode. What they really seem disinterested in is cheap plastic death-rockets.

It's an interesting idea and could be a solution to the urban problem of "where do I keep my bike" but logistically it looks like a nightmare to me. You'd basically have to staff the "club house" 24/7 for folks to be able to access their bikes and if its a tight motorcycle style parking lot inside, how do you manage potential novices pulling in/out and possibly scratching others' bikes? I mean even squeezing in between the bikes with their cool wallet chains would pose a risk! Also, at what point do you say to someone that they've been hanging out at the "club house" too long? Some guy sits there talking all day and annoying other customers but he has a right to be there because he pays for a spot for his bike?

according to latest financial gurus's , millenialls now have more discretionary income than the boomer generation. Not finding a way to access that spending group would be silly, 500 & 750cc HD's , the bonneville lineup, ducati scramblers, "new" bobbers, all clearly aimed at 25-40yr olds.

HD didn't put a pop up cafe in the middle of ground zero hipsterville by accident. That's their future.

Back
Top Bottom