Why Are Canadians Demonstrating Against Trump? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Are Canadians Demonstrating Against Trump?

What is the point? I get the high level...you don't agree with the policy of a democratic elected leader.
We better be careful how much we piss Trump off before we find ourselves on his bad side.

He is President. They are just giving him more attention.
He is not going to stop being President, he does not care because your feelings and beliefs are hurt.
He is doing what he was elected to do and what he SAID he would do.

Take that effort to a food bank or planting some trees/fruits/vegetables.
All it is going to take is 1 "ISIS" attack for Trump to say see, told ya so.

I am trying to remember, was there global marches and protests when China ran that demonstrator over with a tank?
Did we forget about Syria already?

Btw- Who are we to tell another country what to do? Would we like if a swarms of Americans came her and protested against any of our elected officials and further show up and tell us what to do with our policies?

We have our own damn problems...still at the Native Indians issues...and road tolls, and subways, and hydro rates, and pensions, and healthcare and ...

Trump doesn't have a good side and we will just be fodder for his destructive agenda when it's convenient. Forget about the Keystone pipeline. I'm worried about the Great Lakes Treaty. Their aquifers are being drained and the might Colorado River dries up before it reaches the sea. They are eyeing our water, not oil.

Yes we have internal problems but ignoring external ones lets them grow until they're unstoppable.

Democratic election won by a candidate running on a protectionist platform and doing exactly what he said he would do.

We should be minding our own business and do whatever it takes not to piss Trump off, who knows when he'll turn his sights on us.

These protesters need to get a life.

Those of us who go to work every day to pay our bills and taxes, feed our families, care for our children (and love riding motorcycles!) don't seem to have a voice. I don't know about them, but I'm too busy to protest.

Trump doesn't have a good side and we will just be fodder for his destructive agenda when it's convenient. Forget about the Keystone pipeline. I'm worried about the Great Lakes Treaty. Their aquifers are being drained and the might Colorado River dries up before it reaches the sea. They are eyeing our water, not oil.

Yes we have internal problems but ignoring external ones lets them grow until they're unstoppable.

But how does protesting what another country's President took action on immigration into his country effect us?
What can protesting do to Trump? It just feeds his ego and he doesn't care.
Trump will be proven right as in 4 years there will be some other terror attack (likely in some other Euro country) and he will say, see, there ya go...and you want this crap here.

I will disagree with you, that protesting his immigration agenda is about as useful as a using a piece of gum to plug a 2ft hole on a boat.

Some of those protesting are the ones outside the US trying to get in, and their supporters. It's still public opinion of Trump policies, so has some effect, no? ...if those inside the US see the coverage of outside. US citizens are the ones with direct influence. Outside would be indirect.

Because they can. If you don't like something going on elsewhere in the world, you're free to assemble with other like minded individuals and protest.

Besides, I imagine that some of them were turned away at the border. We have enough people coming up from the States, and other countries to protest at times.

Look at the G7.

First, i think Trump is a tool, i understand what he is doing, though I don't agree with many of the issues and especially his means.

I found it rather amusing when the news was running the reports about people trying to cross the border before and after the inauguration who wanted to join protests and got turned back. Why the heck would anyone think it is any right of theirs to cross a border enter a foreign country and participate in a demonstration that presumably could become violent or a public disturbance. They were essentially coming to the border and saying i am coming to your country to participate in a potentially legal activity, is it ok if i come in...

morons....

Hopefully he doesn't break everything while he has the keys to the house

Professional activist are well funded; Bolshevik revolution doesn't happen without outside cash, for example.

Back
Top Bottom