Why Are Canadians Demonstrating Against Trump? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Are Canadians Demonstrating Against Trump?

-D-

Banned
What is the point? I get the high level...you don't agree with the policy of a democratic elected leader.
We better be careful how much we piss Trump off before we find ourselves on his bad side.

He is President. They are just giving him more attention.
He is not going to stop being President, he does not care because your feelings and beliefs are hurt.
He is doing what he was elected to do and what he SAID he would do.

Take that effort to a food bank or planting some trees/fruits/vegetables.
All it is going to take is 1 "ISIS" attack for Trump to say see, told ya so.

I am trying to remember, was there global marches and protests when China ran that demonstrator over with a tank?
Did we forget about Syria already?

Btw- Who are we to tell another country what to do? Would we like if a swarms of Americans came her and protested against any of our elected officials and further show up and tell us what to do with our policies?

We have our own damn problems...still at the Native Indians issues...and road tolls, and subways, and hydro rates, and pensions, and healthcare and ...

Maybe they're worried about more people coming to Canada because the door to the US is shutting down?

I agree with your points though, we have so many issues nowadays here that frankly the energy can be used here...what about Wynne blocking our tolls? Justin breaking promises? No marijuana legalization yet? Carbon Tax? Making it impossible for people to make a living? WTF...let's focus on our own issues. But Trump is an easy target for hate/protests so maybe they're taking that route.

*shrug*

Back to work.

Some folks just have nothing better to do with their time.....

This. I think, for a large portion of protesters, it gives them a sense of purpose, belonging, common enemy and cause.

That's a BAD thing??? It's about the only thing she's done right so far.

The only reason she's doing it is to pander to the 905. She's already gearing up for the next election and needs to build up popularity as at this stage she would be done in a snap election. No other reason but to save herself.

I appreciate the pandering for votes. I'll take the good(in this case NO tolls) but they won't be buying my vote with it.

The only reason she's doing it is to pander to the 905. She's already gearing up for the next election and needs to build up popularity as at this stage she would be done in a snap election. No other reason but to save herself.

Of course. She's under fire for our living expenses constantly climbing..

Doesn't make it a bad thing. Tory used to talk smack about tolls all the time, but now he's in office and ready to stick his hands in our pockets?

Thread is going on a tangent, at least we are consistent. This will explain road tolls:

PCs need to get significant seats in GTA, specifically Toronto to get a win in 2018.
Next Ontario election is in JUNE 2018. <-- this is important.
Tory (a PC, and former PC leader) pushes Liberals to approve hated tolls BUT they will not be put into place until after next election if approved (2019).
Patty Brown runs on a platform of no tolls and wins large in the GTA in June 2018 vote, really big in 905 and 416 burbs who hate the tolls the most.
Patty hands out some money so tolls are not needed.
Next Mayoral election is OCTOBER 2018, tolls are off the table so they become a non-factor, hey he got the money anyway...

Thing is, the Liberals saw through the scam and took them off the table. I am sure her 905 MPPs were yelling pretty loud!

As for Canadians protesting, why not? His actions have a global impact and we have free speech. Not for me but hey to each their own.

Last edited:
They should get a God damn job

don't worry, our pretty boy on parliament hill will save the world.:hello2:

Did we need ANOTHER trump thread? They all just turn into the same thing after a few pages....

don't worry, our pretty boy on parliament hill will save the world.:hello2:

2qu7jbp.jpg

I appreciate the pandering for votes. I'll take the good(in this case NO tolls) but they won't be buying my vote with it.
Not getting my vote either

Back
Top Bottom