RE: Removing Gxsr750 Triple Tree, ClipOns Install | GTAMotorcycle.com

RE: Removing Gxsr750 Triple Tree, ClipOns Install

Punisher

Site Supporter
RE: Removing Gxsr750 Triple Tree, ClipOns Install

Hey everyone,
Working on my 2007 Gsxr 750... trying to remove the factory handlebars and the install Woodcraft Clip-ons, when i got to removing the Triple Tree so i could slide off the factory bars, i noticed it appeared the Key Ignition systems was bolted from into the bottom of the Triple Tree, and required a special tool to remove the bolt. it also did not seem like there was enough play with the cables to to remove the triple tree just enough to slide off the handle bars, has anyone out there done this an know for sure? i just dont want to force it, and end up pulling out some cables in the process.

thanks in advance,
Jason

Re: Removing Gxsr750 Triple Tree, ClipOns Install

You can get the special socket from princess auto pretty cheap, you can get a ratchet under the top triple to remove the ignition. Also there is room on the cables if you loosen up the closest clamp that keeps them tight, I've done this at the track within 30 minutes to replace a broken handlebar

Last edited:

Thank you! i am going to give it another shot tonight without the special tool.

Jason

I got the triple tree off without the special tool, and was able to slid off the stock handlebars, basically got my clip-ons in place, just need to fine tune the positioning and then lock it all down.
thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom