looking for a new or new to me suit | GTAMotorcycle.com

looking for a new or new to me suit

Nick_f

Site Supporter
Looking for a new suit for my self.

Just looking for opinion of what peoples reviews are that are racers.

I currently have a Velocity one piece suit. I bought this suit for $400 3 years ago. I was told by a few not to buy it, and other said it would be fine.

I don't have any other comparisons of what to look for, but he velocity held up 5 crashes, and years of abuse. I think this suit was well made and worth every penny i paid for it. I got it cheap because someone bought it, and it didn't fit them. It has lived a great life, and it is time to retire it.

I hit up riders choice at the bike show, but the guy that was helping me didn't really know much. Apparently i was suppose to ask for the owner to help me? Prices seemed alright, but again, the guy was getting confused with the prices that were posted and the suits they had.

Anyone have any reviews of these custom suits from eBay, or kijiji? I know they are made in pakistan, but i don't want the suit to bust on the first crash.

That being said, after talking to James at Blue streak racing, he told me that his Dianiese suit burst on his second low side this year. maybe it was the type of crash?

I have a budget of $1000 , and would like to stick to it, or under it.

I'm not above buying second hand either.

The last 2 I used were A*, current one is a GP Pro which has lasted through a good handful of crashes without issue. I picked it up from GP bikes for a good price ($899). I think they are a fair bit more now since the dollar has gone against us, but have a peek around maybe there is a deal. Usually when they change model years and have a new design A* will liquidate existing stock pretty fast. Haven't seen any lately, but I'm really happy with the suit.

Being a taller torso, often the boys can feel a little unwelcome, but they went to a stretchy groin area for this model which is much nicer to have. I'd buy it again. Can't say anything about other brands, its the only one I've worn.

Try on a bunch and see what fits you.

I would LOVE to have a set of Dainese, or A* leathers but "euro" fit sizing is not for me.

I have long legs and arms, and a wide chest.
Only suits I have worn, and had feel comfortable are Joe Rocket.

Go to Rider's Choice and talk to Matt. He's awesome and can probably get you into something in your price range. They have Dainese, revit, some astars.

IMO Dainese is just the best. The quality different is noticeable.

Try Racer5, out of everything i tried it fit the best. Took 3 slides on it, one of then at high speed and it held up very well. Just not as pretty anymore.
When it comes time to retire it I will likely get another one from Racer5

Last edited:
Go to Rider's Choice and talk to Matt. He's awesome and can probably get you into something in your price range. They have Dainese, revit, some astars.

IMO Dainese is just the best. The quality different is noticeable.

+1 ^^^^

wouldn't hurt to check gta 's "clothing and gear". using the filter on kijiji works well to find gear. its early in the season, and if your not in a hurry you may find a quality bargain.

GOOD FIT TRUMPS ALL.

I've got a nexo suit I bought at pro 6 cycle about 4 years ago.Used it for two track days and it's been hanging in my closet since,size is 46 US.I'm 6'1, 6'2.Think the last time I wore it I was about 190-200 lbs and it fit snug ,I'm now around 230lbs so I won't be getting into it anytime soon.It looks New.Pm me if interested.I'll take 300.00 for it firm. I think thAt is a hell of a deal,however I'm in Mississauga, pick up only.If your interested pm me your number and I'll send some pics....meh 275.00 firm
edit-I suppose I could ship it but it might be pretty costly and I'm not willing to pay for shipping

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom