All in The Family | GTAMotorcycle.com

All in The Family

-Maverick-

Been having some great laughs with re-watching the entire series. The show took on some serious issues in its time. Some great acting. All nine seasons are on YouTube. Strange in how it compares to today.

https://youtu.be/hxH_HE7Dv6o

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

One of the best shows ever.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

They walked and worked the politically correct tightrope.

One of my favourites was Archie's plan to fight airline hijacking. Give everyone a gun when they get on and collect them when they get off.

His chair is in the National Museum.

They walked and worked the politically correct tightrope.

One of my favourites was Archie's plan to fight airline hijacking. Give everyone a gun when they get on and collect them when they get off.

His chair is in the National Museum.
that plan only really works when someone doesn't want to die, when you have suicidal people willing to do as much damage as they can with no expectation of living it changes the equation. like that pilot who flew the plane into the side of a mountain.

I think the show went over some people's heads

At the time it went over my head. But Arch and Meathead went on to distinguished careers. The other two hit the wall. That doesn't seem fair.

that plan only really works when someone doesn't want to die, when you have suicidal people willing to do as much damage as they can with no expectation of living it changes the equation. like that pilot who flew the plane into the side of a mountain.

Logic and satire don't mix.

No no, the one where meathead tries to explain one sock/one shoe logic in case of fire with Archie!

I threw a birthday party on Saturday for my peeps and it was 70s themed. Music, trivia etc. Youngest person was 41 and oldest 68. The trivia brought up a lot of AITF questions. It was a battle on who could blurt out the answer fastest.

Old party, old peeps but we still shut it down just before 3. Can't party like we used to and now have leftover alcohol. Wtf is up with that!

Anyone following the food thread be warned-gluten free cake is terrible. Don't do it, ever!

Wow! This would never fly today.

[video=youtube;NuznDnDlTuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI[/video]

I also liked the original series from the UK. Till Death Us Do Part. Johnny Speight was an amazing writer. Its doubtful if you could explore racism and sexism through satire today.

At the time it went over my head. But Arch and Meathead went on to distinguished careers. The other two hit the wall. That doesn't seem fair.

Sally Struthers certainly, but Jean Stapleton had a very accomplished acting career... There's more to acting than TV.

Wow! This would never fly today.

[video=youtube;NuznDnDlTuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI[/video]

...because there are too many ignorant special snowflakes around today.
Clearly.... That episode should be part of an anti racism campaign. It shows how baseless and stupid racist attitudes are.... On both sides.
It may have been just a sitcom, but underneath it was more.
Unlike the junk on TV these days...

Sally Struthers certainly, but Jean Stapleton had a very accomplished acting career... There's more to acting than TV.

If I don't know about it, it didn't happen. That's how popular culture works in my home.

...because there are too many ignorant special snowflakes around today.
Clearly.... That episode should be part of an anti racism campaign. It shows how baseless and stupid racist attitudes are.... On both sides.
It may have been just a sitcom, but underneath it was more.
Unlike the junk on TV these days...

The path of a culture of political correctness ends with the destruction of any actual culture. Uncomfortable discourse is how we work issues out... The SJW's of this world need to realize that solutions lay beyond virtue signalling and slogan slinging

Last edited:
I also liked the original series from the UK. Till Death Us Do Part. Johnny Speight was an amazing writer. Its doubtful if you could explore racism and sexism through satire today.

Johnny Speight was a great writer.

So was Alan Bleasdale. The English seem to be blessed with more than their fair share of great writers. "Georges Last Ride" and "Yossers Story" from the Boys from the Blackstuff series were a amazing. So entertaining but so painful to watch at the same time.

The funny thing is my dad is just like Archie Bunker - and he'll even admit he's a bigot, yet at work his best friend is black.

Back
Top Bottom