will aftermarket pipe raise insurance premium? | GTAMotorcycle.com

will aftermarket pipe raise insurance premium?

No. AFAIK that question is asked to see if you answer over a certain amount, in which case your bike is clearly not normal and then other things happen

You're best to just declare honestly. I can't imagine that an aftermarket pipe would make a huge difference unless it adds significant performance. If you're insuring for full coverage and you don't disclose any add-ons or aftermarket stuff....they won't cover it in the case of damage or loss.

Theoretically (but unlikely) they could also refuse any claims at all based on fail to disclose under material-misrepresentation clauses.

As PP said, lying to insurance is like giving money away. You still continue paying the monthly premium and when they find out you lied about an aftermarket exhaust, they just walk away.

I have always been straight up to my insurance providers about add ons like aftermarket stereo in cars, the exhaust on my wife's bike, etc. In all cases, all they wanted was proof/receipts showing the cost of the aftermarket items, and that's it. They added lines to my existing agreement such as x amount in stereo, y amount in exhaust, etc.

depends on insurance company.... A place like TD where its really just a cal centre could result in them not insuring you at all...
For example I called TD for insurance for my Subaru STi... when they asked if it was modified I made the joke does mud flaps count.... they said they wouldn't insure me cause my car was modified.... They also still have it on record... called TD 5 years later (last year) as my place of employment had a deal with them... they still had that car on file as being rejected.

My Allstate guys (who I am with) don't care if car/bike is modified or not.... Depending on value of equipment.... 10 k stereo system? yeah they need to know so they can cover it in the policy.... Show bike with lots of custom parts and chrome... they need to know that too.... but small stuff like brake levers and slip-ons... not a big deal.... as they won't be paying extra for it when you claim an accident

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom