Dunlop Roadsmart II? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dunlop Roadsmart II?

OP I believe my bikes tire sizes are close to yours. I spent a lot of time reviewing tires also and I went with the Bridgestone T30 EVO. Purchased them from GP Bikes with the typical 20% off their price was as competitive as anyone online. Then I got Frekeyguy to install them.

So far one seasons worth of experience. Great all around tire. More grip than the OEM Bridgestone that came with bike. Wear not noticeable with approx 3,000 km on tire so far. Little experience in wet so can't give any feedback.

I'll probably end up getting either PR4 or Roadsmart(2's or 3s)

They seem comparable in terms of tire quality and wet traction, but i think roadsmarts last longer

Although seeing as how the current gen Roadsmarts are hard to find i might just go with PR4s

..............Bridgestone T30 EVO. Wear not noticeable with approx 3,000 km on tire so far.............

The T30 and the T30 Evo are great in the wet and handle very well when dry + these are relatively inexpensive tires. I hope your wear experience is better than mine. The T30 lasted 7,500 km and at the rate they are wearing the T30 Evo set I have now look like they'll be done in about the same distance. Obviously the ST is a substantially heavier bike so your experience may be different.

OP I believe my bikes tire sizes are close to yours. I spent a lot of time reviewing tires also and I went with the Bridgestone T30 EVO. Purchased them from GP Bikes with the typical 20% off their price was as competitive as anyone online. Then I got Frekeyguy to install them.

So far one seasons worth of experience. Great all around tire. More grip than the OEM Bridgestone that came with bike. Wear not noticeable with approx 3,000 km on tire so far. Little experience in wet so can't give any feedback.
Hmmm GP Bikes seems to want $184 for the T30 Evo in 180/55/17 whereas Pete's Superbike has it for $152. For the front GP is $140 and Pete's is $120.

The T30 appears to be the replacement for the BT023 in Bridgestone's lineup. According to a google search, it provides better grip than the BT023, but worse life.

Really liked the RSII I had. Better dry grip than the PR3 but I didn't try either in the wet so I can't compare. Didn't max out the miles on either but I put 16,000km on the RSII and it still had lots of life left. I was getting 8-10k on a set of Q2/Q3's before for comparison. Never found a Bridgestone I gelled with. Never tried a Shinko.
All those miles were on newer GSXR1000's btw.

the RSII have almost the same wet grip as PR3s

I would not get RS2. It is a good tire that generally tested slightly lower than all the other major players. Even Dunlop admits that their 2nd gen was a bit of a disappointment after the stellar reviews from the 1st gen.
After researching quite a bit though, I'm willing to give RS3 a chance. Seems like it has PR4 beat in most aspects even though PR4 sells way more units still.
The original equipment rear BT21 (not very good btw) on my Fazer is just about done so I'll be shopping around soon.

I would not get RS2. It is a good tire that generally tested slightly lower than all the other major players. Even Dunlop admits that their 2nd gen was a bit of a disappointment after the stellar reviews from the 1st gen.
After researching quite a bit though, I'm willing to give RS3 a chance. Seems like it has PR4 beat in most aspects even though PR4 sells way more units still.
The original equipment rear BT21 (not very good btw) on my Fazer is just about done so I'll be shopping around soon.

Let me know where you get the RS3...havent been able to find them ANYWHERE(which sucks because i want to try them out as well)
Dont even know if theyre released yet

Hmmm GP Bikes seems to want $184 for the T30 Evo in 180/55/17 whereas Pete's Superbike has it for $152. For the front GP is $140 and Pete's is $120.

The T30 appears to be the replacement for the BT023 in Bridgestone's lineup. According to a google search, it provides better grip than the BT023, but worse life.
Give GP bikes the opportunity to price match Pete's

I know ppl have had some luck in the last

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As long as we're having this thread again, what would people recommend if I wasn't concerned with maximum value or maximum tire life? The last ST tires I used were PR2s, and I didn't like the center compound on the front. It was either too hard, or profiled weird, or both.

Yeah, that test was conducted by Goodyear/Dunlop so I wouldn't put too much weight on it but definitely lots of other very positive reviews.
I pulled the trigger, ordered from Ace Moto Tech just now.
Couldn't find them anywhere else. $348 tax in. 120F/180R

If they end up being worse than PR4, I'm going to burn this thread down. ;)

Last edited:
Says the test was done by motorrad, though the article is by goodyear

The article is based on two separate tests, one commissioned by Goodyear, the other conducted by Goodyear.

"Tested by Motorrad Test Center in November 2015 by order of Goodyear Dunlop. Road testing took place on mixed surface roads around Almeria, Spain"
"Testing took place on test track at Goodyear Dunlop's Mireval Proving Ground, France."

I've been to proving grounds, albeit Michelin's. Manufacturers love to manipulate data and factors affecting such data.

Nevertheless, I believe that Dunlop has a good product here and I have committed to testing it myself.

Last edited:
Yeah, that test was conducted by Goodyear/Dunlop so I wouldn't put too much weight on it but definitely lots of other very positive reviews.
I pulled the trigger, ordered from Ace Moto Tech just now.
Couldn't find them anywhere else. $348 tax in. 120F/180R

If they end up being worse than PR4, I'm going to burn this thread down. ;)
That's a pretty good price too.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Yeah from everything iv read about the previous gen tires (PR3 and RSII) the RS3 are bound to be phenomenal tires, im getting my'n for 330$ from adrian as well(incl taxes)

120F/160R for me

Last edited:
Who is this Adrian?? I'm just looking for tires and have been focusing on the PR3/4 so wouldn't mind getting a price as well. Seems like mine are on the way out after just 15,000km on the stock tires...unless that's normal...

Back
Top Bottom