Dunlop Roadsmart II? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dunlop Roadsmart II?

bigpoppa

Looking at tires i might get eventually down the line, as I dont ride aggressively I'm looking for a quality tire, that provides good traction, but most importantly lasts a long time and provides the most miles...

I have heard the Roadsmart II is fairly good, anyone ever tried them out?

What would fit the criteria?

Gracias

Pretty much any modern sport touring tire will fit the bill. Many have dual compounds, softer on the edges for corner grip and harder in the center for longevity.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Personally I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Road 4s myself...seem like a decent tire for spirited rides that won't wear out quickly or flatspot on straight roads.

Will you be using the usual sizes?

Magnum, XL
yes

Some sport touring tires other than the Dunlop:

Bridgestone BT023
Michelin Pilot Road 2, 3, or 4
Pirelli Angel GT
Shinko 009 Raven
Shinko 016 Verge
Continental Contimotion

Personally I'm looking at the Michelin Pilot Road 4s myself...seem like a decent tire for spirited rides that won't wear out quickly or flatspot on straight roads.
Great tires (had them on my last bike) but over priced in my humble opinion. You are looking at over $200 for the rear for most bikes, and $150 for the front. This time I went with the Bridgestone BT023 which only costs slightly more than half of the PR4 but still gets good reviews.

Heard bad things about the shinko brand, Angel GT and Pilot roads are a little more expensive than id like

But the roadsmart II i hear has good longevity and is a little cheaper than the Pirelli and Michelin

I've had both, I and II. Even wear. Long lasting. Good in rain. 16000 kms on the first set. 12000 + on the II with still some life left in them.

I've had both, I and II. Even wear. Long lasting. Good in rain. 16000 kms on the first set. 12000 + on the II with still some life left in them.

We have a winner

ty sir

I have yet to see a tire that will beat PR4 in mileage so for me it's worth spending the money.

This poll is a bit old but since you're looking at previous gen tires:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?175407-Sport-Touring-Tire-Showdown-Poll

Michelin won that hands down, nevertheless, Roadsmart seems to be a good choice still from what I've read and heard from other riders.
However, more than half the people are ride long distance with, use Michelins.

Last edited:
Id look at the current gen, but i found most of the places i looked didnt have them(Petes superbike, etc etc)
I looked mostly online, but havent visited any shops or dealers yet.

Ill take a look at the michelins

I have heard the Roadsmart II is fairly good, anyone ever tried them out?

It might help us if u could tell us what bike you have and how many km u ride per annum.

well this is my first season, and although the tires i have now will probably last me another season easily, im still looking/curious

Based on the little riding i did before the winter id say probably 5-6k per year sounds about right.

I'm on a cbr500r

I have yet to see a tire that will beat PR4 in mileage so for me it's worth spending the money.
Even if the PR4 lasts the longest, if another tire gets only 80% of the mileage but costs 60% as much, isn't it a better deal?

From what i can gather, Roadsmarts are almost as good as Pilot roads, PRs are slightly better in the wet, and Roadsmarts have better mileage, which decides for me essentially, since i dont ride in the rain(Too many accidents on bicycles as a kid on wet roads)

... if another tire gets only 80% of the mileage but costs 60% as much, isn't it a better deal?

Depends. I like to get a full season on a set so for me it makes sense. Hate to run out in early October.
Another factor is install cost. I do my own installs so for me it's just time but if you go to a shop then more frequent visits increase the cost of the cheaper tire (potentially).

OP was discussing previous gen tires though - RS3 may be better then PR4.
I haven't seen anyone riding on those yet.
Michelin, Bridgestone and Pirelli are by far the most popular options so it's easier to get feedback on those brands.

Last edited:
Iv looked online, and cant really find any place that sells the current gen Roadsmart III

Back
Top Bottom