throttle lock | GTAMotorcycle.com

throttle lock

I have a kaoko on my bike. It works great but I rarely use it as I rarely slab.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Some throttle locks experience quite a bit of slippage when on roads that are even slightly bumpy or if your bike is pretty buzzy. Even with some slippage and the fact that these are best for roads that less hilly, even a few seconds of wrist relief here and there goes a long way to increase comfort.

I have used Kaoko before and liked it as well. I found it did not have a great deal of slippage once set properly. I dropped my bike and destroyed the Kaoko because it essentially replaces the right bar end. Not that it probably matters on your R1, but on bikes that have swapped out the stock bars for aftermarket ones, sometimes these bar end type models won't fit. Throttlemeister is another brand that uses the same setup and design as the Kaoko.

I now use a Vista Cruise, because I have ATV bars on my bike which have a different internal diameter at the bar end. I like it a lot, and like the Kaoko, it has very little slippage once set right. A slight downside to this type, besides the fact that they are ugly, is that they also use up a small amount of the throttle grip, so if you have thick gloves or big hands it might feel a bit tight.
MVC-009S.JPG

Many people also use the Go Cruise which is the easiest to use and install. Cheap and effective.
Gocruise2d.JPG

Last edited:
I've got a Throttle Rocker (best $10 I've ever spent) and a NEP throttle lock. It is somewhat similar to the Vista Cruise, but it clamps around the throttle tube between the grip and the housing so it doesn't take up any grip space. It is quite cheap, and looks it, but it works well.

A Caterpillar yellow O-ring works on mine. Between the grip and the barend weight
41D1SIHbEFL._SX355_.jpg

and the barend weight even has a nice groove to store it
Convertibars8.jpg

Last edited:
I use one of these, although mine has a little stainless steel on it that pretties it up a little.

1757_1b_1.jpg

I think I paid $15 or something in that range for it.

OP, if you are a new rider (just going from your registration date) I would NOT recommend a throttle lock. In the case of an emergency or the need for a split second decision, well, you must remember to MANUALLY twist the throttle backwards to bring the bike back to idle power. If you panic and forget, well, the bike is going to power right through whatever emergency situation you're trying to avoid.

I do like mine, but my next bike will have a real cruise control - the lock is handy for a quick 20 second wrist / finger relief, but so far as actually holding a speed, it's of course no good on anything less than flat road.

PrivatePilot. Makes some good points.

I use the Kaoka throttle lock and love it.5 years so far. Easy to use in an Emergency.

I have used the Throttlemeister. Similar principle. Except it is a pig to get exact. Looks really nice and once fitted is also great.

Back
Top Bottom