My homemade Akrapovic exhaust. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My homemade Akrapovic exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant the CF covering.
The Akra is foil meaning it's meant for heat.

That CF covering shrinks and becomes pliable with a hair dryer so I am curious as to how it will not shrink from the exhaust heat which I am certain gets hotter than a hair dryer. Be careful you don't start a fire. I have never seen anyone use a sticker covering for a heat application.

mine is still holding up, after a couple of years

P1120938.jpg

P1120939.jpg

P1120941.jpg

I think most are snickering at the passing off a part as legitimate. I dig the elbow grease on this one.

But it does make me think back to the days when people had Type R every'thang...

Does yours have some kind of metal skin to it? It's not just vinyl/plastic?

When I was doing powder coating we could buy heat resistant vinyl, we would make decals, such as brembo, and then put clear powder over top.

The vinyl withstood the temps in the oven no problem

Id assume some of the higher quality wraps, such as the expensive carbon ones, will be super durable, even to heat. A muffler, especially one down stream and under the seat like an R1, wont exceed 4-500 degrees.

Was with you until you put that Akra sticker on there. I'm not one for brand loyalty but I wouldn't stitch a Polo logo on my Fruit Of The Loom golf shirt.
Decades ago guys at my high school made a killing doing that.

Sent from the Purple Zone

That actually looks really good, well done. But damn, those chicken strips on that R1.
Thats the best your narrow minded low iq brain could produce? Chicken strips? I bought the bike and brought it home, its winter time, your so ? Chicken strip comments are so original. Id bet my left nut you get dusted like a little school girl at the track, but when you put your crusty race leathers on you feel like umm lemme guess, Rainy?

Hey guys, I was looking for a Akra slip on for my 05 R1. I had no luck, and I didnt want to spend $2,100 either. So I made my own! Yamaha gives you a nice Ti platform to work with so I was ready to get to work. Heres a few pictures of the process and final product. Im really happy with the final product, turned out great, and sounds even better.
I started put buy gutting the pipes. Took the stock exhaust choking baffle out, and replaced it with A and R race baffles. All new packing etc. Then I was going to power coat the cans but went with a 3m carbon wrap. And yes it will withstand the heat. Nice thing is Ti cans dont get as a hot as stainless etc. Proper scuffing and priming of the end caps on both ends, about 10 coats of paint and those were done. Then I got replacement foil back Akra stickers and tada! I had my very own Akrapovic look a likes for the total cost of $150 dollars.
First of all I want to say that you did a nice job & don't worry about the haters that are ribbing you for what you created...cheers!

Do you know Sinz?
Now why is my name brought up in this thread?

Now I'm confused; I thought that was his GF's bike
The bike is mine...these stooges are just screwing around because they have nothing better to do.

That actually looks really good, well done. But damn, those chicken strips on that R1.
Ahhh the chicken strip comment again, Aww, it’s so cute when you try to talk about things you don’t understand...I don’t know what makes you so stupid, but it really works...Brains aren’t everything, In your case they’re nothing.

Sinz's girlfriends bike had bigger.
I’m sorry I didn’t get that, I don’t speak idiot.
Here is dicked with another window licker comment...easy guy the stretch marks on your lips are getting bigger from all that pipe sucking so save your breath...you’ll need it to blow up your date but remember that you’ll never be the man your mother is.

Sinz don't take this the wrong way but maybe you should just shut up.

When I started work I realized quickly to roll with the punches and not be bothered. Not really a show as very few co-workers do matter to me so who the hell cares what they think.

At the track the trash talk is double that, better be thick skinned or you'll get double. I also wouldn't mouth off about these guys not knowing how to ride.

Rising to the occasion is just making you look foolish and your insults are pretty old, plus they are just not funny.

Everyone is a keyboard warrior meme, do you actually think that I give a rats ass about what they say? Weather they can ride or not...everybody rides on here it doesn't matter if it's on the street or on the track and doesn't necessarily mean that they are better or worse than everyone else but they pick on people because of their bikes...why don't you put yourself in the other people's shoes who get ribbed...do you think that is funny?

The OP put up some pics of his homemade exhaust which he did a nice job and they started to hammer him about chicken strips on his bike...is that really funny or necessary because his bike is a street bike and not a track bike? He is proud of what he did and he should be...it's his creation.

The only reason I posted on here is because my name came up, otherwise I would've just lurked and read the threads, thick skinned or not they insult as well, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Last edited:
Well yeah, the nuclear meltdowns you are having are kinda funny. Plus I think I just did put myself in your shoes by posting some advice for dealing with the "ribbing". This goose can handle ganders.

I like his exhaust too, note I was one of the first one who said it. I didn't say anything else.

I guess that we all go through the ribbing part lol all is good with me, I have accepted it no worries by the way it was the OP who said something about the riding not me.

I’m sorry I didn’t get that, I don’t speak idiot.
Here is dicked with another window licker comment...easy guy the stretch marks on your lips are getting bigger from all that pipe sucking so save your breath...you’ll need it to blow up your date but remember that you’ll never be the man your mother is.

Wow, well done. I've seen many bigger men banned for less. All this banter has me wondering, is the back seat comfortable on that duc?

But seriously, I'm actually very excited for the big reveal of the new stickers on your girlfriends bike. I'm sure she'll win another award at the show and make you proud of her.

Work looks nice and clean. Great job.
Put a sticker on it, don't put a sticker on it, who cares. It's your bike.
I only really hate when people put stickers on their cars that don't even relate ie: the guy I saw in a Civic with big "TRD" (Toyota Racing Development) stickers on it

OP - very nice craftsmanship.

unfortunately a fake is still a fake, and some people find it funny or take offence to it, its no different then wearing a fake Rolex, fake LV bag or fake Gucci shoes that you bought on Canal St. calling it a replica doesn't add much to its perceived value.

there are those who like to put premium parts on their bikes, and those who like people to think the have premium parts on their bikes.

I think you would have gotten a lot more praise without the Akra sticker

Thats the best your narrow minded low iq brain could produce? Chicken strips? I bought the bike and brought it home, its winter time, your so ? Chicken strip comments are so original. Id bet my left nut you get dusted like a little school girl at the track, but when you put your crusty race leathers on you feel like umm lemme guess, Rainy?
Awww did is strike a nerve? Didn't meant to hurt your feelings.

Hey who says an R1 wasn't build to go straight all the time, good for you.

Awww did is strike a nerve? Didn't meant to hurt your feelings.

Hey who says an R1 wasn't build to go straight all the time, good for you.

Wow foreskin, you still take time out of your lonely day to comment on a piddle piss forum that means nothing, old balls go find something better to do, like learn how to use words in the correct context, and spelling, go work on your spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom