My homemade Akrapovic exhaust. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My homemade Akrapovic exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nice but putting the Akra stickers on something that is not an Akra seems very silly to me.

And I think that's what most of the folks here have an issue with....

I bet if the OP just made the pipes and wrapped them up in the carbon fiber and said look at what I did, he would get a lot more praise and very little ridicule...

I kinda did the same to my exhaust, but did not put on any name brand....even though it's an original LASER exhaust, I just wrapped it up and left it at that...

P1120883.jpg

025AD19E-D878-4FF0-AF83-1F73AEE7EB5D.jpg

Last edited:
Silly to you glorified in China.

That actually looks really good, well done. But damn, those chicken strips on that R1.

Decent execution, even if I think loud street pipes are for knobs. I'd have gone the route of making a fake brand, "Rossi's Replicas". Stickers, fake website, the works. Then, when someone asks, you just say "Oh, that was a limited time thing from Italy a few years back. Sell you mine cheap for $1000."

As it stands, you have to sheepishly admit it's a fake Akra, which might have been your goal all along. I'd prefer to pull the wool over the eyes of bystanders and see if it shows up on GTAM.

Guy's getting a bad wrap.

Why did he remove the pic of the whole bike?

Was with you until you put that Akra sticker on there. I'm not one for brand loyalty but I wouldn't stitch a Polo logo on my Fruit Of The Loom golf shirt.

In my world Fruit Of The Loom carries more weight. If you know what I mean.

Why did he remove the pic of the whole bike?

My guess; because the same all-stars who carry on about 'take it to the track' don't hesitate to rip on about chicken strips on someones street bike.

You like chicken strips too?

As you know I don't track, this goes one of two ways:

1. I use all my available tire - labelled reckless; you should go to the track
2. I don't use all my tire - you can't ride; you should go to the track

My GTAM approved answer is I like chicken. Who doesn't?

As you know I don't track, this goes one of two ways:

1. I use all my available tire - labelled reckless; you should go to the track
2. I don't use all my tire - you can't ride; you should go to the track

My GTAM approved answer is I like chicken. Who doesn't?

I prefer a hot honey garlic type sauce. Sweet and tangy.

My street bike had chicken strips, just not a whole chicken.

OP, nice job. Personally I wouldn't have painted the ends and left them Ti for a more authentic look.

Last edited:
I prefer a hot honey garlic type sauce. Sweet and tangy.

My street bike had chicken strips, just not a whole chicken.

And neither did the OP's... I won't speak to SINZ as I don't recall. Maybe chicken parmesana?

Only on GTAM, a thread about good looking DIY muffler can end up talking about chicken ... is this the most creative group of motorcycle enthusiasts or what? I say yes, undoubtedly. Great place to hang around, obviously. You agree OP?

Thank you for the all-star comment, I thought so but you confirmed it :)
I see one of your new year resolutions wasn't to get a sense of humor.

By the way, My fz09 has chicken strips, I get one right turn on my commute to work

My guess; because the same all-stars who carry on about 'take it to the track' don't hesitate to rip on about chicken strips on someones street bike.

Last edited:
Hey!!

Thank you for the all-star comment, I thought so but you confirmed it :)
I see one of your new year resolutions wasn't to get a sense of humor.

I'm not upset; are you?

The stickers are OE replacement from Akra. Foil back stickers that go directly on their Ti slip ons.

I meant the CF covering.
The Akra is foil meaning it's meant for heat.

That CF covering shrinks and becomes pliable with a hair dryer so I am curious as to how it will not shrink from the exhaust heat which I am certain gets hotter than a hair dryer. Be careful you don't start a fire. I have never seen anyone use a sticker covering for a heat application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom