EBR gone again | GTAMotorcycle.com

EBR gone again

Wait 'til Trump gets a wind of this. Heads will roll!

when you have to resort to this you really need to stop....

1-071215185433.jpeg

yes, that's an actual ad campaign they were running for the few remaining Buell Blasts. They were selling for a few grand too, who the hell wants to buy a big autographed hunk of junk that was a piece of **** to begin with. These guys haven't produced a single memorable motorcycle.

I will humbly disagree. I had a chance to take an extended demo on the XB9 Lightning back in '03 at the Ride for Sight. Everyone was passing their demo to either ride Harleys or sport bikes from Yamaha, Honda and Kawasaki who were there. So when I went up and asked to ride the XB9, the guy said, "You want to have some fun?" and we certainly did! I've never had a demo like that before or since! I really liked the bike. It had gobs of power, was super nimble and was very smooth while underway but shook your fillings out at idle. It was a lot of fun. I was not in the market for a new bike at that time and I've never had much faith in Harley period, but there was something there. It was a unique bike full of character. Unfortunately they were in a weird spot. Harley guys looked at it as a sport bike and sport bike guys looked at it as a Harley.

I'm not entirely surprised that EB seemed to talk a liquidation business into not liquidating EBR... guess they changed their minds

when you have to resort to this you really need to stop....

1-071215185433.jpeg

yes, that's an actual ad campaign they were running for the few remaining Buell Blasts. They were selling for a few grand too, who the hell wants to buy a big autographed hunk of junk that was a piece of **** to begin with. These guys haven't produced a single memorable motorcycle.

I think this was more a hand gesture to the former corporate overlords

I'm sure they'll be back in one form or another. Erik Buell is nothing if not persistent.

This should loosen up some hours in the day, finally affording Erik the opportunity to cruise motorcycle forums.

If I could pick up a pair of the 1190RX's for under $8K, I'd very strongly consider it...
One to ride on the track, and the other for parts.
Dealers in the USA were selling 2014's for $8K before this announcement, so you never know how far the bottom will drop out of that market.

Back
Top Bottom