how do you get rid of or hide sticker fade | GTAMotorcycle.com

how do you get rid of or hide sticker fade

huhsure

Picked up a new bike but it had stickers placed on the instrument gauge cluster trim, removed the stickers and removed the left over glue no problem. But the shade of black where the sticker was is so different than the surrounding area that it might as well still be there its so obvious. As much as I enjoy looking at the outline of this devil chick, it needs to go...

Anything I can do to blend it? I don't really want to just hide it with a less ridiculous sticker, im not about that sticker life.

If its plastic your probably sol as the colour difference is most likely from uv exposure (or non exposure under the sticker). If its a painted surface you could probably buff and polish a bit.

Paint the whole peice?

What about those "bumper restore" type products? Might be worth a try for $10-$20

heat can sometimes repair discoloration, and bring it back, either with a heat gun, or propane torch

I can't see what exactly your describing, perhaps post a picture of the part, and we can maybe come up with more ideas

I had mirrors that were grey from fading in the sun, used heat from a torch and they turned back to a nice shade of black in seconds, just make sure you don't melt the part....keep the heat source moving...

Put a huge sticker over the rest of the cluster and leave it for a few years...it'll all look the same then.

I'd try meguires ultimate compound on it and see if it goes away lol it might work. I've got some you can try out if you're downtown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a "back to black" type of finish restorer or some black tire shine. Found out when I bought my black ATV that guys have been using the tire shine stuff to keep their black ATV's looking new and hiding scuffs. Works awesome.

The "Back to black" stuff works, but wears off quick. A week or so later you'll be looking at that spot again.

The only real solution is to try to restore the faded area to make it blend - there's not much you can do to "age" the area that was protected and still looks darker.

I haven't heard of the heat method, but will keep it in mind. I'd lean towards paint if that fails.

That used to be called sticker shock but now they put dangly tags off the handrips. You were lucky.

Not too much you can do....that's one of the reasons I left the tank stickers on mine, as imo they look better as is vs having a different shade of paint.

Not too much you can do....that's one of the reasons I left the tank stickers on mine, as imo they look better as is vs having a different shade of paint.

Tank stickers though you can usually get the paint corrected with some buffing and polishing since its on a painted surface. Bare plastic is harder since you can't cut and remove layers like you can with paint.

http://imgur.com/a/b0byb

Tried the restore wipe or w.e worked mediocre at best. Also dont have a heat gun and am too much of a pussy to try that LOL.

In the pictures the one on the left was the one I used the stuff on the one on the right is just as it was after the normal goo gone wipe down. Cant get it to embed cause file size so its linked.

great ghost stickers!!!

zCWYrmq.jpg

thought they would be darker than the surround...
QqWL71m.jpg

use a bigger sticker of just paint a square over it.

Its the black unpainted piece unfortunately

Yes we understand that part. Paint it anyway. Or try one of those black plastic restore products. Or get the part vinyl wrapped or something.

Back
Top Bottom